• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you say this GPU was properly seated?

Associate
It’s in the phanteks vertical riser as far as it will go. The retaining lever clicked up. But those holes I’ve circled in yellow worry me?

qdTfK9q

https://ibb.co/qdTfK9q

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Heh! I'll blame the lighting. :) But you can see that the RHS - just to the left of where is says ROHS upside down - is not fully in. It looks like it just has to be pressed home. Probably the same on the left.

Lol. I know that’s exactly the way it looks to me as well but it won’t physically go in further and it’s level on both sides. Tried with another GPU - exactly the same. This build has been the worst ever.

Could really do with someone with the same riser telling me how theirs looks.

Soldato
Do you have a photo with better lighting? If you look at the gap on the right, it looks like the end of the riser slot has a mould point or something on it which is making it too big to fit into the gap in the card. If that's the case then some gentle work with a file on the riser slot should do the trick.

But really, why not just speak to OCUK customer support and get them to send you a replacement?

Soldato
In that picture there seems to be an air gap on the RHS. Is the card pressed fully home? Have you checked that there isn't an insect or something in there?

Associate
OP
I’ve pressed it fully down and I’ve blown in the thing - no insects or diamonds or anything hidden in there.

I am tempted to give it a go as it makes a lovely click when the retaining arms pop up - but could I knacker the card?

Associate
When it's in the case does the back PCI slot bracket line up with the mounting holes on the case?

Looks like it's in as far as it will go since the ejection lever is about to push into the card from the looks of your gif, so if you push it further it'll just try to eject the card?

Associate
OP
Yeah the bracket holes line up as well as they ever do, virtually perfect.

And you’re right about about the lever - I was considering trimming tiny bit of the lever off which makes contact but tbh it’s not up against the card with pressure as it’s done it’s job and sitting there in a non-stressed state.

Soldato
I am tempted to give it a go as it makes a lovely click when the retaining arms pop up - but could I knacker the card?

The pins that are partially out deliver power. It's not the lever on the LHS that gives me concern; it's the gap on the RHS. Do you have another video card you can try?

Back
Top Bottom