Wow a first timer

Soldato
I know we've got plenty of 'what games should I get' threads, but hey...

I'm gonna be introducing a friend to VR tonight and while I've got plenty of stuff to show him, I was wondering if there are any killer games or wow experiences that I'm missing out on.

Here's what we have as it stands:
CrNnOoI.jpg

Soldato
You have some of the biggest "Wow" games already. If he isn't amazed by Robo Recall, Google Earth VR and Eleven: Table Tennis, then there is no hope of him ever liking VR :)

But, here are some good ones that you haven't listed

The Blu,
ISS space mission,
The Oculus Dreamdeck Demo and the First contact demo are both great for first timers.

Soldato
OP
Heh, cheers guys.
Is first contact the one with the floating robot and the 'printable' items? I was gonna stick him on that first, as it definitely wowed me first time and teaches you how to use the controllers.

As for horror, I'm just waiting for RE7VR on PC...

Associate
My introduction usually involves sticking them on Paranormal Activity. Awful game, but worth the money just for the amusement I get watching others play it :p

Soldato
OP
That could be worth it. In fact, I may save that one for when I get my mum to have a go :D

He's not a total newbie btw. He's got a couple of of those phone VR headsets, but this should be a bit of an eye opener in comparison.

Soldato
OP
Well... He loved it :)
The shooters went down well, but it was the table tennis that got him hooked for hours (and sweating all over it! Hope my wipeable VR cover gets here before next time LOL). I didn't have my wheel, but I did stick him in the spectator cockpit in Assetto, which he thought was epic.

So yeah, another one converted :D

Associate
My mum liked the demo stuff at the weekend, I stuck her on Project Cars and after a lap she felt nauseous...oopsie!

I forgot to mention it might as nobody who has tried it previously had the problem...sorry Mum!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, Assetto had him feeling a bit funny after a lap. I figured it was partly down to not being in control of the car while spectating in this case.
A bit like the rollercoaster stuff.

Back
Top Bottom