Wow Digi TV for PC £23.44 right here at ocuk

Media portal recognises the card but calls it "c&e dvb-t device t50024".

I haven't managed to get it to work with Media Portal, which is a shame :(.

But still, quite happy :)

WatchTower said:
In the end I bought this

Leadtek Winfast DTV-Dongle Digital TV USB2.0 Tuner (GX-075-LT) Price: £34.95 (£41.07 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Software
WinFast, Video Studio 9 SE DVD, PowerDVD 6, Muvee 3, Adobe Reader and Ulead Cool3D Version 3.0 - DVD MovieFactory 4

what sort of reception did you get with just the ordinary supplied aerial?

done a bit of searchinf and foudn that usb freeview tuner on a competitors webby for £58!!

is there an ariel connection on it???? or are you forced to use the extendable built in one??

Tommy B said:
How can it be good when it doesn't even have video inputs. In other words it gets the TV signal through a built in antenna.

there is a little adaptor that lets you plug an external antenna into it

Solouko said:
Cheep useualy means rubish when it comes to hardware, but i'm not so sure it applies to TV cards, as i think they're all pretty basic and do the same thing, lets face it it's not exactly hard to decode a digital tv signal! but what useualy lets and TV card down is it's software, i'm guessing that the hardware will be as good as anything else available, but it's the software that'll really let it down (but that's just an educated guess)
Strange logic there, I would expect the exact opposite, that TV cards are very sensitive to price due to the RF receiver.

Has anyone got one of the MSI Freeview DVB-T USB Digital TV Sticks?

Do you need to install any software at all? I want one for work for the worldcup, but i can't install any software on the computer....

jim5000 said:
Has anyone got one of the MSI Freeview DVB-T USB Digital TV Sticks?

Do you need to install any software at all? I want one for work for the worldcup, but i can't install any software on the computer....

yes i have one and you need to install the drivers and the viewing program
called presto pvr.

but it is good though

Anything that receives BBC channels needs a license if you dont own one for that household IIRC.

I just sold my freeview settop box and am putting my winfast PVR analogue tv card on sale on ebay soon because I want a digital tv card all n one for the pc :P - I have chosen the winfast DTV1000T pci card as I really like winfast software that comes with their tv cards. My dad has a WINTV one and *** software is crap. A few other people have compro/pinnacle cards too and the software with those is also crap.

The INQ did a review of the winfast card and said the software is nice and does exactly what it's menat to and does it well ina friendly manner which is exactly what I am used to with my analogue card.

It's a bit more expensive at £44 but very much worth it and it just works right away :)

they do a USB 2 model which is cheaper as well and looks quite nice but it doesnt have the vidoe ins and outs as the PCI one does (i'll be needing one for my Wii :p)

They both support HDTV when it kicks off in the UK and they both can record mpeg4 format too.

Back
Top Bottom