wtf happened here?!

Soldato
so been working my way through my first WC build (hardline and cpu cooling only) was fitting a pipe when I heard a clunk and the 'outflow' connector was laying on the desk - thought to myself 'what happened there'

figured the connector had just worked itself loose as everything is only hand screwed in place but on inspection was greeted with the below.....

XS5fg2j.jpg

8xHJP9B.jpg

so it appears these 2 parts are only 'glued' together!? I'm now a tad concerned about the other connectors and if they will suffer the same fate.
anyone ever come across this before?

thankfully as it was all only hand tightened the bit left inside the pump came out very easily!

Soldato
Look like an EK fitting? While I have never used one of their rotary fittings, I have used similar fittings from Barrow and Bistpower and never had an issue with them breaking apart like that (or any fitting at that). I imagine its a one off though given the amount of people I know using them and see builds with them. I would double check your other fittings and just drop EK a message.

On the plus side, at least the system was not filled :D

Soldato
Looks like a EKWB rotary fitting. Got a couple of those myself ages ago and they felt loose so never used them.

Think the rotary parts are clipped together not glued. Seen others have mentioned this as well.

First time i have seen one actually come apart though. Was you fitting the tube to this connector when it happened?

Soldato
OP
Wow! That's a first for me!! I'm very sorry about that!! :(

Please RMA it. If you bought it from a reseller, you'll have to RMA it from the reseller and if you bought it from our website, you can RMA it here : https://www.ekwb.com/customer-care/
hi Luc,

cheers for the reply. bought from OcUK so i'll drop them a message shortly. certainly from my extensive google searches it does seem to be very much a one off

Was you fitting the tube to this connector when it happened?
nope, wasn't even working on the pump side of the system!

Thank the stars it wasn't filled when it happened!

Scarey stuff :(
you ain't joking.

I've not fully finished the tubing yet so i'll take everything apart and double check before tightening it all up and filling!!

Associate
After this post I have been round and rechecked everything on my system after feeling very paranoid.

Made a separate post about pressure relief valves so as not to derail this thread.

Even more paranoid now :s

Back
Top Bottom