X-Fi Fatal1ty Problem

Associate
Hi Guys, my new sound card came yesterday from OcUK and is the said card in the topic, Its a nice upgrade from a SB Live 5.1 Digital :D

The card is amazing, performs excellently, the sound from games, music films is really like a breath of fresh air so clear, crisp, sharp and so detailed, a worth while upgrade in anyones book who appreciates excellent sound quality.

But....now here comes the problem, the I/O box that comes shipped with the drive which houses the additional SPDIF, Aux2, Mix2, Optical in and out etc is not being recognised at all when I have the card installed.

I have got the 4 pin power connector attached, also the I/O box is connected to the card as well using the IDE cable that was supplied. I've tried installing the full compliment of software, un-installing and then installing just the minimum, drivers etc. I've tried the new beta drivers update as well but still the I/O box is not regognised. There is power going to is as when I remove the cover from the Optical Out there is a red light on.

Any ideas on what my next steps should be guys, is it something In my bios that needs changing, I'm thinking now that all I'm left to try is a total format which I don't really want to do at the moment, any help will be greatly appreciated this is now driveing me crazy.

Stu

Soldato
lol glad u sorted it out, was saying from the start sounds like u aint got the grey cable on proper or the 4 pin connector...

Cos I know its placed so weirdly inside the X-fi front panel unit... slight nightmare obviously once its done its done :) but theres times when I feel I went with the external unit ie plug in usb and be done with it !

Back
Top Bottom