• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1800xt messed up?

Permabanned
I have spent so long trying to figure out and fix the low fps/stuttering problems im getting in bf2. Im playing at 1280x960, 0xaf 4xaa, vsync on and everything on medium, Even with everything on low i still get the stuttering, It just isnt as bad with everything on medium/high

Im willing to spend money to fix this but not sure what to buy. Apparenty the x1800xt should play bf2 with my settings (with everything on high) with a smooth fps of 70+ without stuttering or anything, but i have the feeling people who tell me this dont notice the stutters like i do.

Im really not sure what to do!

I dunno if this is a graphics card issue, psu issue, memory, CPU, motherboard ect

I have tried everything possible with the bios/driver settings but nothing is helping it. I dont wanna send the graphics card back even tho it still works, im in need of some help because i miss smooth fps gaming so much!

Anyone have any ideas please let me know

Soldato
Your X1800XT, especially since you have 2GB RAM for the high textures setting, should easily be able to max out Battlefield 2 in 1280x960 with 6xAA and 16xAF with absolutely no stuttering. I know this because I used to have one.

Try playing without vsync on and let us know what FPS you are getting. If the refresh rate of your monitor is set at 75hz, for example, and you're getting less than 75FPS with vsync on then the FPS will bounce around all the way down to about 40fps and stutter.

Other than that, the only things I can think of are that either your drivers are screwed up, your PSU is not up to the job, or your graphics card is faulty. Let us know the spec of your PSU (brand and how many combined amps it has on the 12 rail/s), and let us know what score you get in 3D Mark 05.

Permabanned
SameSuspect said:
I have spent so long trying to figure out and fix the low fps/stuttering problems im getting in bf2. Im playing at 1280x960, 0xaf 4xaa, vsync on and everything on medium, Even with everything on low i still get the stuttering, It just isnt as bad with everything on medium/high

Im willing to spend money to fix this but not sure what to buy. Apparenty the x1800xt should play bf2 with my settings (with everything on high) with a smooth fps of 70+ without stuttering or anything, but i have the feeling people who tell me this dont notice the stutters like i do.

Im really not sure what to do!

I dunno if this is a graphics card issue, psu issue, memory, CPU, motherboard ect

I have tried everything possible with the bios/driver settings but nothing is helping it. I dont wanna send the graphics card back even tho it still works, im in need of some help because i miss smooth fps gaming so much!

Anyone have any ideas please let me know

get me a 3Dmark 05 score not 06!! and re install your motherboards chipset drivers. it may sound strange but what have you got to lose...

Permabanned
OP
its nice to see im not the only one noticing and hating this problem aswel.

I get the exact same thing as you. :mad:

do you think it is the games doing it, and most people are just used to it?

Soldato
SameSuspect said:
iv just done 2 32mark 05 scores,

with vsync on the score is 9143

with vsync off it was 9145

:confused: :confused:

thats strange so im going to format and reinstall everything now.

thats a very good score for an 1800 if im not mistaken.. i'd be looking at drivers a little more intensively

Soldato
deleted said:
thats a very good score for an 1800 if im not mistaken.. i'd be looking at drivers a little more intensively
It's about average for an X1800XT but unless I'm wrong the score should be a lot different with vsync on.

Permabanned
Ulfhedjinn said:
It's about average for an X1800XT but unless I'm wrong the score should be a lot different with vsync on.

come come now, its a good score, a lot of people couldnt get above 8800, some managed 10k.

SameSuspect, neil79, did you reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers ? trust me on this.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
come come now, its a good score, a lot of people couldnt get above 8800, some managed 10k.
That's why I said it's about average. :p I've mostly seen scores between 8.5k and 9.5k at stock depending on the rest of the hardware and state of the system, so 9k is about average IMO. :)

Permabanned
Ulfhedjinn said:
That's why I said it's about average. :p I've mostly seen scores between 8.5k and 9.5k at stock depending on the rest of the hardware and state of the system, so 9k is about average IMO. :)

ah ok, i think i missunderstood at first. ;)

Caporegime
Ulfhedjinn said:

Ive just formated about 5hrs ago on a brand new sata 2 seagate 16mb cache...

ill try later :eek:

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
All my drivers are up to date.
Its also been updated to its latest bios which came out today. Im about to format and reinstall everything
so il let you know if still having the problems when im done

Permabanned
SameSuspect said:
All my drivers are up to date.
Its also been updated to its latest bios which came out today. Im about to format and reinstall everything
so il let you know if still having the problems when im done

noooo!

its not about up to date drivers, if your motherboards platform drivers have gone abit mad which can happen when the VGA drivers are installed (admitedly more so on Nvidia side) this causes major stuttering in battlefield 2. its got nothing to do with being up to date. just re download and install your motherboard drivers and see what happens. what graphics card did you have before ?

Permabanned
OP
my motherboard doesnt have chipset drivers, just the cool n quiet driver and the uli raid driver

iv formatted so many times to try and fix this, it never works so theirs no point in doing it again

Permabanned
SameSuspect said:
my motherboard doesnt have chipset drivers, just the cool n quiet driver and the uli raid driver

iv formatted so many times to try and fix this, it never works so theirs no point in doing it again

http://www.uli.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php

humour me. download version 2.20 and install everything it lists then reboot and give bf2 a try.

im saying to do this as i had exactly the same issues and this fixed it. also make sure your PCI-E settings are all good in the bios. good luck.

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:

well my point was its a score to show the card itself aint underperforming

Permabanned
OP
locutus12 said:
http://www.uli.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php

humour me. download version 2.20 and install everything it lists then reboot and give bf2 a try.

im saying to do this as i had exactly the same issues and this fixed it. also make sure your PCI-E settings are all good in the bios. good luck.

damn i was well hoping this was it! but still no luck, bf2 at high settings is unplayable

Back
Top Bottom