• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 need better than stock cooling...

Associate
Any suggestions??

Ive had a good look around OCuk.. and previously, I have always gone for one of the AC range, however, I dont understand their shift to what appears to be coolers sutied for BTX designs...

Artic Cooling Accelero X2 Cooler (X1800/X1900 Series) (SY-002-AR)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Arctic_Cooling_System_Coolers.html

Accelero is 100% BTX compatible, thus a DHES is not possible/necessary anymore. The hot air is removed by the BTX airflow.

Unfortunately my PC isnt BTX comptible, so yes, a DHES is necessary!!!

Their other versions expell the out out of the back of the pc, I dont understand why you would want otherwise, so you are not increasing your overall system temp, which will inevitably effect cpy temp.. and in an OC px, you need to keep these low as possible...

I dont want water, as my PSU is on the bottom of the case, with the vent facing up, so any possible leakage would be disasterous...!!!

Are there any other alternatives, the stock cooler is far too noisy when it gets going, not great for oc'ing, and not very efficient...

I have a stacker 810.. psu is mounted upside down at the bottom of the case....

I suppose I could get a pci exhaust, but that would be a little ineffient... I think expelling the hot air of the vga, especially when OCing is very important, as I noticed a drop in cpu temp when I first used a cooler that pushed the air out of the back... it dops overall temps by quite a bit...

I never do understand why graphics cards are built upsdie down..!! Heat travels up, so why have the core on the underside... :confused:

maybe because cases were desktop style back then, and when they built cards to a standard they didnt take into account Tower layout :o

I reckon its like this now due to the standards set.

The stacker will be fine with an Accelero, as long as you have the 120mm mounted at the back it'll cope with the heat dump fine.

Plus the Accelero is dirt cheap and very quiet.

DrMekon said:
I have a stacker 810.. psu is mounted upside down at the bottom of the case....

I suppose I could get a pci exhaust, but that would be a little ineffient... I think expelling the hot air of the vga, especially when OCing is very important, as I noticed a drop in cpu temp when I first used a cooler that pushed the air out of the back... it dops overall temps by quite a bit...

I never do understand why graphics cards are built upsdie down..!! Heat travels up, so why have the core on the underside... :confused:

See my sig, same case, same card, PSU at the bottom, PSU fan pointing up. GFX core 39-41 idle. CPU core at 30 on idle (overclocked to 2.7ghz) hardly noticed much case temp increase with the 900, got enough exhaust airflow so doesn't make any difference, guess would be different in a case with still airflow inside/much less in/out air movement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom