• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900 Suspicions

Associate
Been playing around with my x1900 XT this morning and i've come to the conclusion its identical to the x1900 XTX. :eek:

Its got the same RAM 1.1ns, clocks as high as the ati clocking tool will go:

690 Mhz on the Core and 800 Mhz on the Mem. Which is faster than the XTX spec.

Looped 3D Mark for over an hour, played BF2 for nearly 2 hours. Not a hint of any tearing, corruption or anything you would associate with the card being clocked too high or overheating.

So, if i were a betting man, i would hazard a guess that ATI have shipped these cards with the same cores and mem and held back better cores for a future release, say the x1950.

They got badly burned by the 7800GTX and the paper releases of the last cards so i wouldnt be at all surprised to see a new card in the very near future.

Anyway, ill be interested to see what people get when they start playing with the cards.

Rex.

Permabanned
most of ATI's releases are the same cores.

x800 pro's modded to xt's etc.

so yes, you do have a xtx core that maybe didnt make it onto an x900xtx board.

You can probably flash your card to an x900xtx if you wanted.

Tom

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Got a huge selection of brands at OcUK and all in stock. Now Asus, Connect3D, Hightech, PowerColor and Sapphire all in stock along with ATI Crossfire Edition X1900 cards too. :)

Caporegime
The price of that Asus, £500 smackers :eek: , thought you would'nt sell anymore Asus gfx cards as there service on those is diabolical when RMA'ing etc....

Its a cracking launch from ATi this time, stacks of cards available from day one. :)

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
The price of that Asus, £500 smackers :eek: , thought you would'nt sell anymore Asus gfx cards as there service on those is diabolical when RMA'ing etc....

Its a cracking launch from ATi this time, stacks of cards available from day one. :)

Thats why they are expensive as OcUK will look after the warranty saving our customers the issues of having to deal with Asus, but due to that we have to charge a premium but for some reason people want to buy Asus so let them go ahead. My advice buy Connect3D or one of the others. :)

Back
Top Bottom