• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT problems - Advice pls?

Soldato
My X1900XT has just started playing up, on attempting to boot the PC the fan spins up to full speed as usual - but instead of winding down it just spins at 100% and the PC doesnt even get to BIOS post screen.

I've tried swapping over all of the extra power leads, trying 0 4 pin connectors, 1 of them and 2 - no combination seems to make any difference, same problem.

(none of my mates have a PCI-X card to test, so currently looking around antique family members systems to find a possibly PCI card to whack in to test)

Has anyone else had this happen, and does it sound like it is the Gfx card thats borked or motherboard?

Soldato
OP
Not at all, nothing specifically. I've also tried booting the PC with 1 out of my 2 sticks of RAM, still doesnt work. I'll do some exhaustive RAM testing on slots and sticks combos tonight.

Soldato
Exact same thing happens with my X1900XT if I turn off the switch on the PSU (or unplug computer from the mains) and then switch the PC on again immediately after. Computer boots but the screen is blank and graphics card just spins at 100%. I have to switch it off, wait a while and then turn it on again for it to work again. This is the only circumstance under which it happens though.

So it may possibly be a PSU issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom