• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT-X different brands

Associate
Hi, it has probably been asked before but if you could tell me is there any real difference in the quality or performance of the different brands of the same card , i.e. saphire,powercolor ect
thanks

Associate
OP
williamw11 said:
All made to the same reference design so only difference will be the contents.
Thanks for that but what about reliability, are there any that have had problems. any makes that is

Soldato
andyr said:
is that because of the cooler thats fitted , only i normally pull the stock cooler off and fit water blocks

Oh right, you're a bit more hardcore than me then. The IceQ is 10 degrees cooler than the stock. I suppose you could go for the Blizzard one, but it'll probably be cheaper to do a DIY job. The ICEQ looks awesome though :)

I think PowerColor have lifetime warranties on their cards, would be worth checking with OCUK though.

Associate
OP
Tommy B said:
Oh right, you're a bit more hardcore than me then. The IceQ is 10 degrees cooler than the stock. I suppose you could go for the Blizzard one, but it'll probably be cheaper to do a DIY job. The ICEQ looks awesome though :)
Yeah the ICEQ does look the business and after having two 1800 with there noise output , thats what made me water cool them, i would look at the ICEQ if i hadnt already got two water blocks . I was just wondering if there were any to avoid really i suppose

Soldato
andyr said:
Yeah the ICEQ does look the business and after having two 1800 with there noise output , thats what made me water cool them, i would look at the ICEQ if i hadnt already got two water blocks . I was just wondering if there were any to avoid really i suppose

Well considering they are all identical but with different stickers on them, I don't think so.

Associate
OP
Tommy B said:
Well considering they are all identical but with different stickers on them, I don't think so.
Thanks , ill look for the cheapest then . one other question to add about 1900's is if you want to x fire and the master is 625 core and you already have a xt-x @ 650 core doesnt the master then limit the slave to 625 also, so in effect you have 2x625 ?

Associate
andyr said:
Thanks , ill look for the cheapest then . one other question to add about 1900's is if you want to x fire and the master is 625 core and you already have a xt-x @ 650 core doesnt the master then limit the slave to 625 also, so in effect you have 2x625 ?

Yes, the speed of either card will be limited to the slower speed of either card

;)

Associate
OP
okimanoob said:
Yes, the speed of either card will be limited to the slower speed of either card

;)
Thanks for the reply, so does it make more sense to buy the x1900xt as a slave if you are cross fireing as then they are both at 625/1450 or is there a faster master card due to be released ? :confused:

Soldato
okimanoob said:

;)
No I'm 99% sure that's wrong. A Master + XTX is faster. Or better still, OC the Master to the XTX, more chance of getting higher clocks all round.

http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/faq.html#

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17566413&highlight=xtx+master

ATi said:
7. What happens when your CrossFire Edition card and and a compatible standard Radeon (CrossFire Ready) graphics card have different clock speeds?

A. Both cards will continue to operate at their individual clock speeds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not that, duh, it clocks higher at default volts. Like more standard rated bandwidth. Only 0.1ns eh? You dont want more OC headroom, 12% faster memory for nothing?

1.2ns = 800/1600MHz
1.1ns = 900/1800MHz

XTX get 1.1ns > XT get 1.2ns

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So the ones with the 1.1nS memory speed are they still going to be 625/1450 at stock do you think but will just run faster

Associate
andyr said:
So the ones with the 1.1nS memory speed are they still going to be 625/1450 at stock do you think but will just run faster

The running faster will be totally impercetible, but you will be able to clock th ememory higher if it is 1.1ns, than if it is 1.2ns, generally speaking..

Soldato
andyr said:
No at the same speed its the same speed. But its the headroom, it can be overclocked further, or at least has the potential if the core can keep up. So its very desirable.

Back
Top Bottom