• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900xt

Permabanned
Im hoping to buy this card on november: Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-053-CO)
But the other thing is on december im hoping to go crossfire and buy another one, do you think ocuk will still have them.

Caporegime
Be best to buy the master first now then before they disappear (will act as a standard x1900 till paired with another), can't say about the normal x1900's by December though, although can't see why they would not still be around as the x1800's are still around and they've been out of production since January. :)

The 2x x1900's in Crossfire are the faster out of all those. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I ended up buying a HIS X1900XT Crossfire master card, I'll get another X1900XT sometime next year from fleabay :) It's the master card that's important I think and harder to come by?

Soldato
probedb said:
I ended up buying a HIS X1900XT Crossfire master card, I'll get another X1900XT sometime next year from fleabay :) It's the master card that's important I think and harder to come by?

they will be, but with normal 1900s they'll be around for a while yet, like already said the 1800s are still floating around and they've been out of prod for months.

Soldato
barrymacp said:
Can i just buy to 2 normal x1900xt or has it got to be certain ones to run crossfire.
You currently need 1x Crossfire Edition and 1x standard edition cards to run Crossfire at the moment.

This is supposedly going to change when R600 comes out.

Soldato
barrymacp said:
Would it still work if i added a crossfire 512mb card then added jst a normal xt 256mb>?
I'm pretty sure it will, but the Crossfire edition will have its memory halved. Don't quote me on this though.

Soldato
Yes, as said a 512MB Mastercard will work with a 256MB card, but the Mastercard will utilize only 256MB of memory.

Best bet is to get the Mastercard now & then it shouldnt be too hard to get a standard X1900 card later on.

Back
Top Bottom