• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1950 Pro and Shuttle problem

Associate
Well, built my new system at the end of last week:-
Shuttle SD37P2
C2D 4300
2 gig OCZ 6400 ram
250 gig seagate sata
Connect3d X1950pro

Probs with card at boot-up, displaying corruption on Shuttle logo screen and then on Vista boot screen. Got to opening screen and went into reboot mode.
Started in safe mode and still corruption everywhere.
Tried it in another pc just in case and it did exactly the same, bummer.
I know that it wasn't the shuttle psu as that is rated at 400w and is very good quality.

Has had to go back under RMA as I think it is a dodgy card :(

Having to run my X800gto in it at the moment, at least it works though.

Soldato
I have built a very similar system a couple of days ago.

37P
E4300
basic 2GB 6400 RAM
X1900XT master card
2* Spinpoint 320GB RAID 0
Samsung SATA DVDRW drive

Can I ask you does your X1950 obscure the second PCIE slot - I know the backplate is only one slot, more worried about the fan - I am thinking of selling my master card and getting a 1950 pro so I can fit my dual tuner card into the 2nd slot for recording duties.

Good luck with your rma, hope its returned quickly for you

Soldato
both the connect3D and sapphire x1950pro's are single slot (or at least they should be) so you should be able to fit the tuner card in fine (also is the tuner card a pci-e card?)

Associate
be very careful swapping out video cards on Shuttles, I think [not 100% sure but worried enuff to take extreme care] I have killed an x850xtpe in an SB95Pv2, and a 7900gt in an SN25p simply by swapping out cards :eek:

power off mobo [obviously], remove mains plug from rear, then hit the power button to discharge any thing left in the caps

both cards had been working fine previously but after installation and 1st power up, screen corruption :(

Soldato
i killed my x800xt pe by filling my sn95g2v2 with a dvd-ram, 2 sata HDs(all stacked 2gether to bake extra hot), a soundcard and the x800xt pe, all running off the silent-x PSU. Overclocked the newcastle core a64 3500 conciderably, god knows what speed it was running. :)
When the PSU finally keeled over it fried the graphics card and uttery DESTROYED the motherboard, big brown charred patches in multiple places:D

Oh, but as far as thread goes.
Sounds like a borked graphics though definatly.

Associate
OP
Yep, with the connect 3d you can get to the 2nd pci-e slot as it is only a single slot card.
Iirc, the psu on the SN95G2 is only about 320w, so it would be struggling somewhat with everything you were throwing at it.
I used to have one and it was a pretty decent rig.

Card went back to OcUk today, hopefully be back soon :)

Soldato
was a 350w in mine i think, it coped before i added the x800xt pe, but after that it just went haywire and downhill, pushed me into temp replacement upgrade but im due a c2d build in the next 2 weeks :D ordered myself some of that geil on offer and the arctic cooler :) give it a try, for a tenner its worth the try.
Good stuff on the RMA :)

Soldato
cokecan72 said:
both the connect3D and sapphire x1950pro's are single slot (or at least they should be) so you should be able to fit the tuner card in fine (also is the tuner card a pci-e card?)

Yes it is, the terretac dual tuner 2400i as sold by OCUK (-:

Back
Top Bottom