• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1950pro - semi borked ??

Soldato
I've just upgraded, and my x1950pro works fine ........... BUT ! run it's auto o'c feature and it cuts out re-starts as std (as it's supposed to) now i've just ran 3d mark 2006 and it cut out 3 tests in? re-boot and it runs 'OK' - seems as soon as it has anything harder to do it flids.

as a system, it doesn't upgrade to USB 2 -using sp1
it also has droped it's internet connection, after having trouble getting it in the 1st place? see here..

E6420 conroe
p5n-e sli
2 gig geil ultra
x1950pro
samsung spinpoint
pioneer dvd rw
FSB epsilon 700w
XP + sp1

it's starting to hack me off now.

Soldato
yeh ive had this problem - the automated clocking tool kept dying on me too - since ive got a new case and better cooling - it doesnt. It clocks very well now - i would suggest that the card is simply getting too hot inside the case which is why its resetting itself - check the temps mate.

Associate
fastwunz said:
yeh ive had this problem - the automated clocking tool kept dying on me too - since ive got a new case and better cooling - it doesnt. It clocks very well now - i would suggest that the card is simply getting too hot inside the case which is why its resetting itself - check the temps mate.

It could be an overheating issue, take a look at the temps at load.

Soldato
OP
what sort of temps should they be, shouldn't be hot in there, h2o 2x120mm fans, with 2x80's right next to the card one to the side and one just above at the rear.

do you need to clean drives before new ones?

Back
Top Bottom