• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1950XT Temps

Associate
Hi,

I just got my new system from the insurance bods and I'm pretty impressed with it. There are a few things which I ain't over keen oon but I'am grateful for finally getting somthing. One thing which is concerning me is the temp of my GPU. According to the catalyst control centre it is 75oC. What temp are these cards supposed to run at? should I be concerned. The actual air temp within the case is around 35oC. My CPU is watercooled and is around 35oC idle. The card seems to perform ok in BF2142 with everything on max and at a res of 1600x1200. I haven't checked the FPS. Though I'am more of a performance freak then eye candy dude. It would seem I can have the best of both worlds with this card.

The spec of m sys is:
Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" A03
Thermaltake Kandalf S/Tower 2 x 120mm intake 1x 120mm Exhaust
Thermaltake Rocket and bigwater something or other
Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
P4 D 3.4 4mb cache
Kingston HyperX 2 GB DDR2
Hyper 750w PSU
Power Colour 1950XT 512mb
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 x Pioneer SATA DVD Writer
Logitech G15 Gaming-Grade
Razer Copperhead laser Mouse

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Cheers

B

Last edited:
Associate
My HIS X1950Xt runs idle at 37 degrees whilst overclocked to the max in CCC running silent. Under gaming load it rises to about 56 degrees with the fan running at 50%.

Strange that yours is so high...might be worth removing the HSF and using some AS5 and remounting.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply, it is a wee bit odd, it can't be doing it any good....
I was wondering if the temp monitor is dodgy on the card or if the catlyst control centre is inaccurate.....is your HIS running on
the reference cooler? a mate of mine said he read somethin on another forum regarding an x1950XT doing the same and running at a high temp.

Cheers
B

Soldato
They run to hot because the Fan speeds are set to low in the cards bios
Unless You fancy editing the bios get something like the new ATI tool and use the fan control

First make sure Your case has front and rear fans...Little pointless the GFX fan blowing it's nuts off if it does not have a cool air supply.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom