• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2 3800 And 6800GS

Associate
OP
It's not overclocked at all, I was looking to upgrade the processor and the gfx card, thinking 4600 X2 and a 8800, don't want to upgrade the motherboard as I just brought more Ram and a license for vista. It's a 939 board.

ITs a toledo core btw, so I guess overclocking and getting any decent results is out of the question.

Mul

Mul

Associate
There have been Toledo X2 3800's that clocked well :)

Overclocking is worth a shot before you go buying a new CPU which has a mear 400mhz speedbump over your existing X2 3800.

The two are pretty well balanced as it is. Though both have potential to clock further. I for one would overclock the CPU and buy a new graphics card.

Mul

Mul

Mul

Associate
All down to your budget.

With a max of £20 to spend I'd be looking at the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro.
With a max of around £35 to spend I'd check out the Scythe Ninja Plus, Tuniq Tower 120, Scythe Infinity.

I'm using a Scythe Ninja and I've got my Opteron 165 Toledo to 2.8GHz 1.4V, fully loaded anywhere between 55-60, in a case with relatively low airflow :)

Mul

Back
Top Bottom