• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2 400

Soldato
Well someone bought one off me recently for £97 on eBay. But from what i can remember they can't be overclocked that much. Like above, better off with a dual core Opteron.

Soldato
SkeeterPSA said:
Better to get a opteron 170 for 70 quid its got more cache and will oc far better.

What? :confused:

both have 1mb cache's per core.

4400 is clocked at 2200mhz, 170 is clocked at 2000mhz

Both can have bad and good clocking cores, the stepping can be a good indicator of how well the core will clock though, not always the case though.

OP: do a search in the oc'ing sub-forum for X2 overclocks, there is a recent large thread with various overclocks from 4400 cpu's.

Suspended
topgun06 said:
Well someone bought one off me recently for £97 on eBay. But from what i can remember they can't be overclocked that much. Like above, better off with a dual core Opteron.

Can reach 2.7ghz on the 4400x2

str

str

Soldato
The latest batches of X2/Opteron Toledo CPUs going around have the same codes etc so it's no so much a gamble like it was before. Most get to 2.7GHz on stock volts and some go a bit higher.

There's not that much difference even with 2 x 512MB cache like with the 4200+ just make sure to get a Toledo core if you want a good chance of hitting 2.7GHz +. The Manchesters run a bit cooler but you might get unlucky with that and be limited to 2.5GHz or so.

Associate
latest opterons (E6) are very good clockers, i just bought one to test so ill let you know how i get on soon enough :D , as far as iv found you should get 2.8 on air no probs with opteron 165/170, iv seen a few 3000+ on air with latest steppings :eek:

Associate
ive got a much earlier week (tho same stepping overall iirc) as pretty much all the current 939 cpu's

it will do 3000mhz @1.55 on WC. later weeks are only getting better :)

keep in mind, these all tend to run VERY hot (if you get an LCB9E) so dont be to frightened if you see >60c when you start oc.
lapping helped a lot, decapping helped a lot more. still runs hot tho.

Soldato
My 4200 is at 2.95 but need to work on it a bit to hit 3gigs as not stable at all but mb can only hit 1.4 volts :(.
But it do until later in the year when crysis is out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom