x2 4400 overclock with sycthe infinity

Caporegime
Hi.

system= ga k8n sli pro,1gb geil 400mhz ram,8800gtx bfg oc1.

Just installed a sythe infinity and overclocked my x2 4400 to 2.4ghz with 1.5v and it is still running as hot as my stock cooler in orthos (59-60 degrees)

ran orthos for half an hour and ran all through 3dmark 06 (nice 500 marks extra by the way ) all fine. I am just worried about the heat, especially as i want to go to 2.6?

shall i let it go over 60? bearing in mind come june the 22nd and the intel price cuts i will get a new mobo,cpu and ram so im not worried if it will decrease the life expectancy of it. I just don't want it to die completely on me.

Also i would like to know why the scythe hasnt made any difference? thermal paste need to settle perhaps?

Caporegime
OP
Trigger said:
How much thermal paste did you apply? You only need a pea sized blob in the centre :)

i put about a grain of rice sized lump in the centre. Didnt spread it though. I left it a put the hsf on top of it, then secured the clamps.

Suspended
You need more than a grain of rice, half a pea to pea size. There's quite a bit of surface area. Use a grain of rice on actual silicon cores.

Caporegime
OP
squiffy said:
You need more than a grain of rice, half a pea to pea size. There's quite a bit of surface area. Use a grain of rice on actual silicon cores.

pea size, isnt that quite large? i dont want it to leak over :confused:

Back
Top Bottom