X3 Mods... Which Ones?

Associate
Hi all.

I've decided to give X3 a try, but want to download a few mods before I take the plunge.

Can any of you delicious people suggest the best mods to get, and where to get them.

One love.

Cockpit mod and the bonus pack and i supose if you like new ships get the x-tended mod. All available at egosoft scripting and modding (s&m) subforum.

Oh and DDRS mod.

Last edited:
Last edited:
cycrows script installer &.. in the egosoft scripts sticky check the threads for:

community extended mod pack (AalaarDB/cycrow)
xai station command suite (dr xavia) *requires xai station upgrades framework*
xai N.O.S. (dr xavia) EDIT: *N.O.S. without the . i had to add those because is seems *** is a banned word!!*
xai combat commands plugin (dr xavia)
local trader plugin (dr xavia)
scrap ships at HQ (eladan)
satalite early warning network (cycrow)
move to coordniates (cycrow)
combat tractor (bunny)
boron-paranid regenerative hull systems (zurechial)
advanced mineral scanner (A dj)

all the above work together and i wouldn't use the game without them now.. station command suite is cool, one upgrade allows a variable price manager, set a ware's min and max price and it'll auto-change depending on the station's stock :cool:

some require hotkeys binding in the game controls options, from memory:
satalite early warning network and combat tractor.

also the stand alone application Factory Complex Calculator X3.. very good app and will save you wasting millions on bad complex setups.

egosoft search if you have problems finding any:
http://forum3.egosoft.com/search.php
and xai home:
http://www.xai-corp.net/

Last edited:
Sorry... should have stated before that I have never played an X game, so talk of M3's go right over my head at the moment.

What I'm looking for are a few mods that will make the games dreadful learning curve a little easier to live with, for those of us that were not built with the patience of a saint, or a spare 6 hours a day to play the thing.

Any help will be most welcome.

Cheers

Pablo72 said:
Any takers? Or have I upset the community by daring to say that the learning curve is a little too much?

:) It is a little steep. Your best off just starting with the official bonus pack and the patches. Get used to it before you try any other mods.

modo77 said:
:) It is a little steep. Your best off just starting with the official bonus pack and the patches. Get used to it before you try any other mods.

Cheers. That'll be the plan this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hector said:
yer, do what modo77 says.. some scripts make life easier but if you don't know what an M3 is at the moment, then you're not going to understand what the scripts will do. most scripts do not require a restart so they can be added later if needed/wanted.

it'll be worth having a quick look over the offical FAQ's too.
http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/...ersion=8&sid=33d08921150e0a41cadefd939e36aad6

Cheers. The forum will get a hammering from me over the next few days!!!!

Back
Top Bottom