X370 k7 to a AMD 5800

Associate
Has anyone got any experiance taking a X370 K7 to a 5000 series and how stable its been with you. Been using a 1700 for a while now and wanta cheap upgrade to a 5600/5800. Just wondering what other peoples experince with it was?

Associate
OP
For the price a 5700 looks like great value, would rather have the 8 cores then the 6. Not seeing much information about boost clocks though, Anyone know anything about that.

Associate
Does it boost as it would normally on the x370 boards though.
It did when I went from 1700-3700x-5950x, although I'm pretty sure I never saw options for CO (Curve optimiser) in my BIOS (x370 Taichi).
Also note that you won't gain access to PCIe4 most likely (think it was in 1 beta 3xxx compatible BIOS for my board, but didn't have any Gen4 devices to test with at the time)

Can't remember specifically what it boosted to but pretty sure single thread was at least 4850MHz and bench scores were in line with reviews - I also started a thread with my results, I'll see if I can find it.
Edit - Here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ready-upgraded-just-sharing-results.18950053/

I did have some stability issue after almost a year of having the chip (again on a beta BIOS release!), but had also changed my RAM in that time and never fully got around to testing it, hoping to soon.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 5800x3d running on my gigabyte ax370 gaming k7. Works fine as far as i can tell, just make sure you have the appropriate BIOS prior to updating. I went from an 1800x and upgrading the bios failed one one, but as its dual bios the other one updated fine and you can switch between them at some point to fix the failed one. I had to google it though. I cannot see any of the undervolt optimisations in bios that everybody else talks about setting Curve Optimiser to -30 so its running stock on an air cooler (a decent one i bought for the 1800x).

Back
Top Bottom