X570 Aorus and £30 steam voucher for review

Soldato
wouldnt be suprised if reviews are positive just to make sure they get the steam codes

Yes and generally people are positive about things they own. To be fair I'm impressed with Gigabyte so far and by all accounts their BIOS is having fewer issues than some others. Once I get to do some testing I'll see how it performs.

Soldato
OP
MSI are at it too, a $25 Steam voucher for a review with a chance to win a 1TB Western Digital Black NVME SSD. I am not sure those reviews are going to be very impartial:p.

Ah, £19.90 converted unless steam conversion robs a bit off you .

Also easy to do reverse negative review and then send board back etc I guess

Associate
HI there i am looking a the ultra version asi have always bought Asus boards but they seem very expensive other other boards so going to give this one a try but would like to know what is the fan sounds like on the motherboard, can you hear it at all and does it spin much ?

Whats the difference between this board and the Ultra apart form the 2.5gb efernet conection as its £90 more than the ultra?

thanks

Soldato
OP
HI there i am looking a the ultra version asi have always bought Asus boards but they seem very expensive other other boards so going to give this one a try but would like to know what is the fan sounds like on the motherboard, can you hear it at all and does it spin much ?

Whats the difference between this board and the Ultra apart form the 2.5gb efernet conection as its £90 more than the ultra?

thanks

Which board against the ultra ?

Soldato
OP
Master vs Ultra

VRM set up .

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32624823/

both have 12 phases, but Master is direct direct 12 phase set up - meaning no doublers like 99% of other boards do on the market . Master and Xtreme are the first !

also mosfets used are better units and up 10 amps from 40A to 50A . Its SoC phases are also upgraded . Ultra and Master both have 6 layer PCB , last x470 master had 8 - slightly better in theory for faster ram .

if your not running 16 core and aiming to hold max possible overclock with big water set up - go Ultra if cash can be used else where to improve set up .

Associate
i am going for a 3900 chip so it should be ok on the ultra as the Extra £90 does not seem worth it for the master, funny think is i read a review somwhere said it was onnly $30 more for the master over the Ultra and was worth it but i can not find it anywhere where its only £30 more. I am not to botherd about overclocking as i will let the chip do what it needs to do with its own boost.

Soldato
OP
i am going for a 3900 chip so it should be ok on the ultra as the Extra £90 does not seem worth it for the master, funny think is i read a review somwhere said it was onnly $30 more for the master over the Ultra and was worth it but i can not find it anywhere where its only £30 more. I am not to botherd about overclocking as i will let the chip do what it needs to do with its own boost.

Ultra is £30 more the Pro- and for AX wifi or wifi in general its not to bad as AC wifi card is £35+

ultra is a good board. along with Gigabytes Customer service and cheeky £30 steam voucher if you get a review in time

mast does also have a fancy huge backplate ! but Ultra shares the finned heatsink design as the master ! the Pro only has the main bank with the fancy finned heatsink

Associate
Yes and generally people are positive about things they own. To be fair I'm impressed with Gigabyte so far and by all accounts their BIOS is having fewer issues than some others. Once I get to do some testing I'll see how it performs.
im just gutted the ultra hasnt come back in stock . im also worried with rgb fusion setting off anti cheats, I really want a board for this week to use my 3700x

Soldato
OP
im just gutted the ultra hasnt come back in stock . im also worried with rgb fusion setting off anti cheats, I really want a board for this week to use my 3700x

seems in May ASUS still had the problem, not sure if its sorted now though ?

checked their latest light patch and errors still occuring, not sure if @GIGA-Man knows if Gigabyte has a solution . Only problem is this will always be a route for cheating, if Board vendors update - i'll just take an update for Anti Cheat Software and they'll need to repeat process all over again

Associate
seems in May ASUS still had the problem, not sure if its sorted now though ?

checked their latest light patch and errors still occuring, not sure if @GIGA-Man knows if Gigabyte has a solution . Only problem is this will always be a route for cheating, if Board vendors update - i'll just take an update for Anti Cheat Software and they'll need to repeat process all over again

My head is cabbaged I'm trying to find the best board all rounder looks , bios , features (Io etc) I don't think I've ever been so stressed out. I don't want to make the wrong purchase and regret it. I seem to find the board I want then it's either out of stock or a post comes up and puts me off it. The anti cheat is a big thing for me as gaming is first and multitasking and workloads second.

Soldato
My head is cabbaged I'm trying to find the best board all rounder looks , bios , features (Io etc) I don't think I've ever been so stressed out. I don't want to make the wrong purchase and regret it. I seem to find the board I want then it's either out of stock or a post comes up and puts me off it. The anti cheat is a big thing for me as gaming is first and multitasking and workloads second.

Sort of went I settled on the Aorus Master. Expensive but did everything I could want with lots of room for growth over the next few years. Really impressed with the quality so far. All up and running now no issues so far.

Associate
Sort of went I settled on the Aorus Master. Expensive but did everything I could want with lots of room for growth over the next few years. Really impressed with the quality so far. All up and running now no issues so far.

I dont think I could bring myself to buying a mobo that expensive. I've had my eyes set on the ultra but no one has had it in stock. One place does but I dont want to use them because of bad customer service and they use yodel too.

Soldato
I dont think I could bring myself to buying a mobo that expensive. I've had my eyes set on the ultra but no one has had it in stock. One place does but I dont want to use them because of bad customer service and they use yodel too.
Did you get my trust message i sent you? I used those in the link and delivery was fine.

Soldato
OP

I don't think they'll be a full answer to it, all board vendors need to work with anti cheat software, specially if they think RGB programs can be exploited etc . I just turn mine off, I only have £200 worth of RGB lighting for the kids, when I'm on it all that goes off . Black on black !

Don't forget, you can go to go gigabyte direct for issues. GIGA MAN needs to earn their pennies !

Waitinf for BT to roll out AX routers ! Will be all over that

Associate
I don't think they'll be a full answer to it, all board vendors need to work with anti cheat software, specially if they think RGB programs can be exploited etc . I just turn mine off, I only have £200 worth of RGB lighting for the kids, when I'm on it all that goes off . Black on black !

Don't forget, you can go to go gigabyte direct for issues. GIGA MAN needs to earn their pennies !

Waitinf for BT to roll out AX routers ! Will be all over that
I would just be scared of forgetting to turn it off then get hit with a ban

Back
Top Bottom