X570 Ultra won't post

Associate
From sad face all day yesterday to happy face today when I saw the bios update screen :D

Can I ask a couple of questions as I've just got my 3700x & x570 Ultra?

When you flashed the bios, you said you had the board out on the box & just the psu connected, so no cpu or ram etc?

Did you put the usb stick in when it was switched off & just press the flash button to power up & update the bios?

How can you tell the update is complete with no gpu/monitor?

Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
Can I ask a couple of questions as I've just got my 3700x & x570 Ultra?

When you flashed the bios, you said you had the board out on the box & just the psu connected, so no cpu or ram etc?

Did you put the usb stick in when it was switched off & just press the flash button to power up & update the bios?

How can you tell the update is complete with no gpu/monitor?

Any advice appreciated.

usb flash can be done with or without cpu and ram installed . easier to have it without ram and cpu installed with 24 pin plugged in and PSU at the mains. Press button and wait ten mins for it to complete

Associate
OP
Take out all components.
Put the mboard on the mboard box.
Connect the usb into the correct usb place (usually coloured different / named).
Then connect only CPU and MBOARD Power.
Connect power to the PSU - just switch it on.
Then hit the bios flashback button

If it works, the light next to the button lights up - for 5 minutes or close.
When it is finished the light stops.

Then put the board back into your case, connect just monitor, keyboard, cpu, gpu, ramm, nothing else.
Get to bios, shutdown, connect everything else, get to bios select boot up drive, and away you goooo.

Associate
Awesome, thank you both for the help, been years since I built a PC & this is a big upgrade for me.

Did you keep the stock thermal paste or use your own? I've got some MX-2 from when I was working on an old 80's arcade monitor a few months ago.

Associate
Awesome, thank you both for the help, been years since I built a PC & this is a big upgrade for me.

Did you keep the stock thermal paste or use your own? I've got some MX-2 from when I was working on an old 80's arcade monitor a few months ago.
Try the pre-applied thermal paste, since it's there anyway. If the temperatures are not good, you can always remove old paste and reapply your chosen third party thermal paste.

Associate
OP
All working now.
Migrated ssd with the samsung software - 30 mins
Cloned 2tb hdd with easeus - 6hrs 30 mins
Another 30mins - 1hr , figuring out, how to change my 4tb hdd from mbr to gpt, eventually got there.

Now to securely delete my 2tb hdd data.
DBAN the software of choice?

Then I can start gaming :D
Can't wait for this.

Associate
I have the same problem on a X570 Ultra too. Unfortunately the Q-Flash did not resolve my problem. Ram has been tested fine in another machine and also tested the Ram from there in this one too so its not a memory problem. Most annoying after waiting a month for the 3900x CPU!

Will have to contact CS in the morning and RMA it.

Back
Top Bottom