XBMC help

Associate
I've installed XBMC and its running fine, however it will only let me set content for some files, any idea why?

For example it will aloow this with Transformers, and it finds the artwork etc but for toy story the option to set content isn't there.

Any ideas?

Soldato
You should only need to set the content on the folder where all of the films are stored - not for each individual movie.

Soldato
I've only just installed the joy that is XMBC on Win 7 (previously was on ubuntu with PS3 media server) onto my server and I have to say I wish I'd had it a bit earlier. Glad I got a cheapo Radeon 5450 to output the 5.1 over HDMI to the AMP too. No need for the PS3 to be on all the time when I want to watch something!

Do you have an Android device? the XMBC remote for it is very cool, I think it might also be available on other phones too.

I also assume you know of the wonder that is SickBeard?

uv

uv

Soldato
Cheers :) all sorted now.

Just got to make sure the films have the right titles, getting some right weird ones coming out :D

It helps massively if the folder name is film_name(film year), ie "Big Trouble in Little China (1986)". Applications like Ember Media Manager will help you grab correct filenames and scrape for fanart/posters/NFOs etc :)

Back
Top Bottom