Xbox 360 connections

Associate
How does the 360 connect to your LCD TV. Is it by HDMI or Component connections. Thinking of buying an Xbox but I already use the component connections.

Soldato
Voy06 said:
How does the 360 connect to your LCD TV. Is it by HDMI or Component connections. Thinking of buying an Xbox but I already use the component connections.

Component Leads come with Premium pack. You can buy a VGA Lead.
Atm there isn't a HDMI connector but MS are saying they're 'constantly monitoring the market' so it's not really a matter of if, but when.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that. Is the 360 dvd player any good in terms of picture quality. The only reason I ask is that I have my Philips dvd player connected to my TV via component which gives a very good picture.

Soldato
TBH, the playback isnt the best, but its accecptable.

Best thing I can suggest is tru it for yourself and see what you think.

I am hoping they will update the DVD player to improve it further with a dash update...

Soldato
Voy06 said:
Thanks for that. Is the 360 dvd player any good in terms of picture quality. The only reason I ask is that I have my Philips dvd player connected to my TV via component which gives a very good picture.

I use mine as my DVD player with my 32WLT66 and it gives a very good picture. Imo. It plays a good progressive picture and unlike the XBox you don't need the additional remote control (you can use a wireless controller); although I bought one anyway.

To deviate somewhat, with Media Connect my 360 also see's a fair bit of use when the gramps are over etc. as a media hub for streaming pics off my PC.

Back
Top Bottom