xbox 360 emulator

Associate
I was wondering if there's an xbox 360 emulator you can use on your pc so that you can insert 360 games into your drive and run them?
The reason I ask is I have guitar hero live on 360 disk, and really fancy a jam on the guitar but don't fancy setting up the xbox just for that specific reason and it would be handy just to use my pc. I looked into rockband VR but it is on the oculus store for £30 + £2.50 a game and really didnt think it is worth that, plus it says compatible with xbox one guitar and not 360...

Would this be possible?

Caporegime
No there isn't. Microsoft have only ever mentioned the possibility that original Xbox games might one day run on Windows. AFAIK, they've never alluded to the same with 360 games.

Soldato
Guitar Hero is actually available on PC already to buy!

As for emulators the Xbox1X has the ability to run some Xbox 360 games but they have not yet patched Guitar hero (probably not likely to ever due to music licence issues) and the 360 emulator is pretty poor anyway scaling wise the image is low res & weak looking.

Associate
OP
No there isn't. Microsoft have only ever mentioned the possibility that original Xbox games might one day run on Windows. AFAIK, they've never alluded to the same with 360 games.

Thats a shame. Not sure why they wouldn't allow older console games!

Guitar Hero is actually available on PC already to buy!

As for emulators the Xbox1X has the ability to run some Xbox 360 games but they have not yet patched Guitar hero (probably not likely to ever due to music licence issues) and the 360 emulator is pretty poor anyway scaling wise the image is low res & weak looking.

Yeah, the guitar i have is the newer one which actually feels a little more like a real guitar(only slightly) as you can do bars etc. The old guitar heros play with the single buttons down the neck so not sure it's compatable .not sure the 360 one would be either.. I have a usb that allows an xbox one controller to connect to my pc but not sure it would work with a 360

Back
Top Bottom