XBOX 360 vs PS3......

Permabanned
eeee for us oldies it brings back fond memories of the old ZX Spectrum vs Amstrad CPC wars of 87 in the playground (nearly lost a tooth in that one) and then just when we thought there was peace in our time the very bloody and dreadful Amiga vs Atari ST war brought it all back home, then..........

Associate
heheh, oldies!

but seriously it brings back memories for a youngun like me aswell, from the mega drive and snes and saturn vs the PS1 and N64, i suspect this thing has been happening since the dawn of time and since the first game of dino basher on the boulder 10bit console from the stoneage

Caporegime
:confused:

At the moment tbh its kinda hard to compare the 2 as the Ps3 isnt even out so really is a non runner. But personally i dont care which one is better as i will get the ps3 anyways, i think both consoles have their pro's and cons.

Associate
Spawn said:
:confused:

At the moment tbh its kinda hard to compare the 2 as the Ps3 isnt even out so really is a non runner. But personally i dont care which one is better as i will get the ps3 anyways, i think both consoles have their pro's and cons.
Of course, THAT wasn't obvious. :rolleyes:

We're not comparing, we're having a laugh about how consoles have come up against each other in the past.

Permabanned
theo said:
heheh, oldies!

but seriously it brings back memories for a youngun like me aswell, from the mega drive and snes and saturn vs the PS1 and N64, i suspect this thing has been happening since the dawn of time and since the first game of dino basher on the boulder 10bit console from the stoneage

Playground in 1987? They're not oldies they're N00bs. The real battle was back in the day of Dragon 32 or Zx81. Or was it the BBC micro. Then before that it was Chopper or Grifter. Now there was a choice. Racer or original mongoose BMX. Hmmm.

Soldato
For me it was Speccie vs Commodore 64 (I went speccie)
Then Amiga vs ST (I went Amiga)
Then missed a bit as I went all PC, but even then there was the Intel vs AMD, Voodoo vs NVidea, and now NVidea vs ATI (to name but a few)

What I've leant is even big companies can falter and disappear. I mean Voodoo were THE card manufacturer.

People keep saying Sony can't fail because they're Sony! History would tell us different.

Sorry, went into one a bit there, but I am an oldie (32 3 days ago).

Soldato
VIRII said:
Gah more noobs. Wait til you are married you can instantly add 10 years to your age.

What does having a 19 month old daughter and a wife add...

Looks accross at her pulling all the DVDs off shelf (again) and scratches his greying beard...

~J~

~J~

Soldato
VIRII said:
Playground in 1987? They're not oldies they're N00bs. The real battle was back in the day of Dragon 32 or Zx81. Or was it the BBC micro. Then before that it was Chopper or Grifter. Now there was a choice. Racer or original mongoose BMX. Hmmm.

Ooooo, now ya talking!

Don't forget the numpties that had Orics!!

Associate
Holy oric atmos for the win.

C64 ruled the amstrad and speccy, like Amiga owned the ST, like Snes pooned the megadrive, and playstation killed the n64.

Associate
Spit said:
Speccie ruled man, dont forget it!!! God I spent hours on Renegade and 3d starstrike.

You gotta be joking, speccy was the worst out of the three, although it was supported fantastically well. My cousin had a c64, I had a +2 which I managed to swap for a cpc464. I was always very jealous of his commodore. :(

Back
Top Bottom