Xbox email - dodgy ??

Soldato
I haven't used my Xbox Live account since 2009 and last month due to my flatmate having issues getting his card to register on the Gold account. I reactivated my account using my card and it's been on Gold ever since.

I got an email this morning from:

XBOX_.LIVE.WW.00.EN.MSF.RMD.CS.T03.SPT.00.PI@css.one.microsoft.com

That address looks dodgy as hell, but some of the links in the email look genuine enough... I have logged in to my xbox account via website, and there's been no transactions on my card either. Shall I just delete it? Is it genuine? Or is it dodgy as hell?

Service Request Number: 1160229443

Dear Xbox LIVE Customer,

Your report of unauthorized access to your Xbox LIVE account has been received by our fraud investigations team. To protect your privacy and account information, your Xbox LIVE account is temporarily locked and sign-in is disabled. If you use this Windows Live ID for any other Microsoft services, they will also be locked during our investigation. Your account cannot be accessed by anyone outside of our fraud investigations team. No charges or changes can be made to your account while we investigate.

Our investigations are currently taking up to 21 days, with our goal being to unlock your account as quickly as possible. We ask for your continued patience as we investigate this case. We are providing you a free, 30-day Xbox LIVE membership code that you can use to create a new, temporary account or save and add to your own account.

Please accept this prepaid code with our apologies for the delay:

XDGB4-KKP8W-K2FKV-FYW2D-***** - 1 Mo Live Gold (CSR)

If we verify that fraudulent purchases were made on your Xbox LIVE account while your account was not under your control, the purchase amounts or Microsoft Points will be refunded. Refunds may be processed within the next 10 business days after we conclude our investigations, but may take up to 30 days before they appear on your credit card billing statement.

Please continue to check your email for status updates regarding this case. We may email you with additional questions to help complete our investigation.

Sincerely,
The Xbox LIVE Investigations Team

Soldato
Looks a bit daft to be a scam, i mean .. whats it actually scamming? its not asking you for anything.

Please continue to check your email for status updates regarding this case. We may email you with additional questions to help complete our investigation.
Might be something to be wary of in the future though.

Easiest way to check, try and log into your live account? if the mail's legit it should be locked.

Soldato
OP
yeah I did think that, but then it could take you to a fake page, log in with my details, obtain my card details.

I have logged in to xbox live and everything looks fine, so I think this is a dodgy email. It's just weird I haven't had anything dodgy like this for years and then I sign back in last month and then I get this.

I am trying to find a 'email support' link on the xbox live page but cannot see one.

Back
Top Bottom