1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox game pass - 8pounds a month~ Questions

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by djxput, Jun 29, 2018.

1. djxput

Wise Guy

Hi this may have been asked and answered before.

I have an xbox one s that I have 'never' used and was going to sell on the MM here but thought perhaps I would try the game pass out for my child (just turned 4).

I'm looking for:

Educational games and other fun games a child could play - he likes driving games and simple types of games that are not hard (from what I can tell when we played games at an arcade).

Will the game pass be decent for him? and what is the cheapest way to purchase this?

oh and I bought one of those year gold memberships a couple years ago that I never used - should I install this also (is there a benefit)?

thanks

2. signs

Wise Guy

the game pass is good value i think , should be fine for his age , regarding LIVE not so much for him , i wouldn't let a 4 year go LIVE and the two "free" games a month are usually aimed at teens , much to the dismay of my 10 year old :)

3. Explosivo

Hitman

forget game pass and just download roblox for free, they'll never be off it.

4. Zico

Mobster

I have a spare 1 month Game Pass code for new users (if you've used Game Pass before it won't work). Send me a Trust message and I will send the code over.

5. Zico

Mobster

Sent the code over to you djxput.

6. HeX

Capodecina

Get Minecraft and some of the Lego games they'll be sorted :D

7. DJMONDY

Gangster

If you stop the auto renew each month for gold and pass it’s sometimes offers them for a £1 each for another months worth. I do it all the time :)

It doesn’t always work but it’s worth a few minutes of your time if you like both services.

8. Arthur Hucksake

Mobster

I picked up a 6 months pass from cdkeys (who I usually never have problems with) and it turns out to be six individual 1 month passes that you cannot stack.

If they are for "new accounts" only, does that mean i'm not likely to be able to use the rest after the first month? Has any one tested that out before?

EDIT: It was CJS Keys, not cdkeys.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  9. The Craig

Soldato

Amazon had a 6month pass for £24 FYI

10. TALON1973

Mobster

I'm abit disappointed the the free live gold games don't cater for younger children. My 8 year old niece who I bought gold for lacks games. The exception being the lego indy the just released

11. Dannyb01y

Mobster

Well they're false advertised what they sold to you. What you can do is create a new gamertag each month and add a months pass to it so shares it with your main account.

As for gwg catering to young children. They don't seem to cater to anyone in particular, the games seem pretty random. Plus its not young children who would be buying xbox live so kind of makes sense on the whole to not cater to a very young audience.