Xbox Monitor

Associate
Instinctively would say high refresh rate for console isn't necessary. Would prioritise resolution (4k) then screen size. 60hz is plenty fine imo.

Associate
Hi All,

Son's is after a new Monitor mainly used for Xbox, but also limited PC usage as well.

Not sure what resolution is best to get 24", 25" or 27"

Any thoughts on this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/iiya...eesync-widescreen-led-gaming-m-mo-13e-iy.html

Well, first off, you are getting resolution and size a little bit mixed up there. :)

Size:

I've used my PS4 Pro on my PC monitor for the last couple of years. At the normal sort of distance you sit at from a computer desk when using a game controller, I found 24 inch to be a touch on the small size. I've just upgraded to a 27 inch unit (LG) and found it to be much better. You peripheral vision seems to be filled much better (and that's important, as most console games don't let you adjust the FOV.) Obviously there is always going to be some personal bias here, but I simply feel 27 inch is a much better match for the distance/FOV you are going to deal with when console gaming.

Resolution:

I was a little concerned about resolution scaling, as the PS4 (and I believe most XBOX titles) don't have native 1440p support. Most 27 inch monitors are 1440p (although obviously not all.) I've found the image looks really good when "scaling up" from 1080p (I use this rather than a "scaled down" 4k as I want the better performance.) If you feel you really can't live with the scaling, then a 4k or 1080p panel is going to be a better choice for you, so do check. Also, make sure the "aspect ratio" is 16:9, which most are these days. Some monitors, like my old ASUS Pro, were 16:10, so you would getting vertical stretching of the image when playing console games (as they are mostly all built for TV aspect rations of 16:9.)

And finally...

If the PC usage is very limited, why not just get a 32 inch or larger TV instead? Most TV's look pretty good when plugged into a PC these days (obviously check you have HDMI out on your PC, or get an adapter.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom