Xbox One exclusives worth getting?

Soldato
I've been a PS4 man so far this generation, but I picked up an Xbox One S the other day just to play Forza Horizon 4, oops...

Are there any must play exclusive games on the platform? Gears of War springs to mind, but just wondering if anyone has any more recommendations. Cheers.

Soldato
normally you get a two week code for gamepass & gold bundled with the console, most of the exclusives are in there (before you buy anything). Both Gears (remastered) and G4 are pretty good as are Halo MCC and Halo 5

Soldato
OP
normally you get a two week code for gamepass & gold bundled with the console, most of the exclusives are in there (before you buy anything). Both Gears (remastered) and G4 are pretty good as are Halo MCC and Halo 5

Thanks, I'm downloading GOW4 through my 14 day game pass now, and I'm going to try and pick up a cheap 12 month sub on black Friday, that should hopefully let me play the one or two games that look good.

Caporegime
Check out the last gen of exclusives on BC.

As for this gen;

FH3 and 4
State of Decay 1 and 2

Can't recommend anymore than that, this gen hasn't been Xbox's strong point.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll be sticking with Forza, GOW, and the games with gold, I had a 360 from release day, so I've probably played every game I want to on that platform, can't see myself playing any of them again. :)

Soldato
IMO halo, Forza Motorsport and Forza horizons are the only exclusives worth getting. That's part of the reason why I've hardly used my Xbox one since I've bought it and have ended up buying games mostly for my PS4 and switch.

Soldato
OP
I've stripped my PC to give to my son, so the Xbox will have to be its replacement for now, sounds like a good job I've got a Pro too! :eek:

Soldato
I've only had my One X for a month or so and I'm already out of games to play. The only thing I'm dipping into is FH4 and Gears 4, the former I bought for MP but online is really limited (not enough options or choice) and Gears started ok but the same niggles I had with the very first game are still present after all these years, and I can hardly be bothered to play it.

I think I've just outgrown the Xbox exclusives because they don't seem fresh any more. PS4 is where it's at for me personally but I would love Xbox to surprise me and suck me back in.

Soldato
For exclusives, Game Pass is all you need really, makes it a hard call if you can only have one console since PS4 definitely has the best exclusives but XB1X is the best way to play most non-exclusives.

Caporegime
I chose to upgrade my graphics card instead in order to play some of the exclusives, was the cheaper option and actually gives the option to play other things.

I'm a PS4 owner as well btw.

Caporegime
Forza is the only thing Xbox has going for it, and I'm playing that on PC. And maybe Gears but that's on PC as well.
xbox is a poor mans pc without games having mods.

xbox play anywhere titles are great for me though.

pc in UK, xbox one S in switzerland.

same forza7 account shared between both :D only had to buy it one time sounds like a good deal.

Sad to see no real great quality xbox exclusives though, wanted a ps4 but wasn't worth the price.. found an unopened xbox one s 500gb with fifa17 bundle on a second hand website :D 100francs ! thats like £74 bargain or what!

Soldato
If you have a decent enough PC then PS4 is definitely a better option although describing an Xbox as "poor man's PC" is rather daft. I moved on from PC gaming because the hassle of drivers, upgrades, inability to just power on and play meant it didn't fit around having a family where my gaming is often short bursts. It was nothing to do with cost for me although the proceed from selling my PC did help fund a 65" OLED TV :)

Soldato
OP
Just spotted 6 months game pass on the Xbox Store for half price, hopefully that should see me through most of what I want to play, thanks again for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom