Xbox one makes PC lag when connected to router

Associate
Hi,
I have recently been having real bad issues whilst playing games online on the PC with the Xbox One connected to the same router. I thought maybe it would be just the games or videos being played on the console sucking the bandwidth but you only have to turn the Xbox one and let it sit on the dashboard and the ping in-game on PC will shoot from around 50 all the way to 400-500.

As soon as I disconnect the Ethernet the ping instantly lowers right back down. To me it sounds like an interference issue but who knows...
Any of you guys have any idea?

Thankyou,
Tom

Soldato
Hi,
I have recently been having real bad issues whilst playing games online on the PC with the Xbox One connected to the same router. I thought maybe it would be just the games or videos being played on the console sucking the bandwidth but you only have to turn the Xbox one and let it sit on the dashboard and the ping in-game on PC will shoot from around 50 all the way to 400-500.

As soon as I disconnect the Ethernet the ping instantly lowers right back down. To me it sounds like an interference issue but who knows...
Any of you guys have any idea?

Thankyou,
Tom

Not exactly sure how a Xbox One works as i don't have one but could it be downloading a game or updates in the background?

Associate
How fast is your internet? Who is your provider? How populated is the area you live in? How old is your router? Do any other devices wired in affect the router in this way?

Associate
Try plugging the XBOX in to a different port on the routers switch to see if it is a port issue or if the XBOX does the same on any of the switch ports.

if you can replicate this continually when plugging in and out the XBOX it does sound like an issue with the hardware, unless you are still on dial-up? :)

Associate
OP
Big gap in replying but gonna give switching the ethernets around a little.
I am with BT, and have a Asus RN Black Diamond.

Tom

Associate
Bit of a longshot, I read this and funnily enough had just got an xbox one, and 2 days later started getting huge lag/ping spikes. BT also.

Having replaced hubs, cables, etc Ive read around and some people seem to have problems with the integration of G.INP on Infinity, so it may be related to this.

Back
Top Bottom