Xbox One X

Soldato
just got the game pass my external portable hard drive has filled up rapidly was thinking of buying a new 8tb WD external, is it a painless experience to transfer the data off a existing external too a new one ? it can be done by the console it's self i believe with no faffing with a pc ?

You can simply go into the Storage settings and select any or all of the app's and games you want to transfer between any drive, external or internal. I've got the 8TB WD drive myself and it's doing me well so far.

Associate
You can simply go into the Storage settings and select any or all of the app's and games you want to transfer between any drive, external or internal. I've got the 8TB WD drive myself and it's doing me well so far.

nice one the WD 8tb is at £139 online at the minute, do you just leave it switched on 24/7 or just boot it up when required i noticed there is a power switch on it, my current drive is the WD Portable type no power supply any fan noise btw?

Soldato
Oops, sorry @Raggs I tell a lie, I've got the Seagate 8TB game drive. The Seagate doesn't have an individual switch to power it on/off but comes on when the Xbox boots up and turns off accordingly (my Xbox is set to turn off completely so no fast boot).

Associate
Be careful though as Ms have updated their t&cs and it includes something about buying from stores outside of your country so you might end up with a ban.

Anyone know if they've followed through on this? I've been eyeing up Forza 7 for a while but, I'm not paying however much it is they want for the Ultimate edition when I can get it for the price of the standard edition using the Argentinian store.

Soldato
Mine has coil whine and only does it during gaming. It's more of a high frequency rattle than a buzz, but I wear semi-open headphones so can't hear it.

I bought it used knowing that it had it, but got it for cheap enough that it doesn't really bother me.

Soldato
Does anyone know of a good guide for the Xbox One X GUI? just got an Xbox One X and the GUI feels cluttered.

When the Xbox One originally became a uniform platform with windows it was pretty bare and straightforward. Since then I think they've added adverts a lot leading to a messy looking interface.

I'm pretty sure there's a guide/walk through built in somewhere on the dashboard.

Back
Top Bottom