Xbox One

Associate
Since these are getting pretty cheap now I was thinking of picking one up. I had a few questions:

- Which is the latest console? Is it the Xbox One S?
- What do you need the HDD space for or should I just for 500gb? How much does a game take for instance
- What is the Xbox live subscription for? Do I need it? (I won't be playing online)
- I like the idea of not having to mess around with discs, I hear you can get download codes and just download the game...is there anything I need to take into account with regards to this?
- Can I play Xbox 360 games?

Soldato
1. Yes the Xbox S is the latest xbox although Project Scorpio is likely due out the end of this year (more powerful than ps4 pro) but likely to be £400-500.

2. 500 gigs will allow you to install 5-10 full release games. They average about 40 gigs in size but obviously vary. You can always get an external usb hard drive if it comes to it.

3. Xbox live is purely to play games online but you dont need it if you're not. It also offers 4 free games a month - usually 2 Xbox One and 2 Xbox 360 games.

4. You can buy pretty much all games digitally to avoid discs but usually this is more expensive. You can buy credit slightly cheaper online or gameshare with a buddy to make it cheaper. Sales happen quite often for example Titanfall 2 is £15 digitally at the moment. You can also buy codes for games from places like cdkeys which can be cheaper.

5. Yes there is a big list of games backwards compatible now but not all games are compatible yet. Google will find you a list. Every Xbox 360 game given free with games with gold is backwards compatible.

Ea Access is a good subscription service for £20 (nearer £17 if you shop around) which can offer a good selection of EA games to play whilst you're still subscribed. Microsoft are also bringing their own subscription service in the future.

Associate
Since these are getting pretty cheap now I was thinking of picking one up. I had a few questions:

- Which is the latest console? Is it the Xbox One S?
- What do you need the HDD space for or should I just for 500gb? How much does a game take for instance
- What is the Xbox live subscription for? Do I need it? (I won't be playing online)
- I like the idea of not having to mess around with discs, I hear you can get download codes and just download the game...is there anything I need to take into account with regards to this?
- Can I play Xbox 360 games?

I was just asking this same question the other day and ended up grabbing an S.. I have no regrets! large backlog of games from Xbox 360, and a load of titles I want to pick up in the near future. Have a think about Xbox live, it's been worthwhile even though I don't play a lot online... the free games and additional services make it worthwhile.

Associate
OP
So I've got my console. I've put a game in to play and it appears I have to k "install it" and "update it" before I can play? Is this normal? It's currently in the process of downloading a 50gb update for one game!

Caporegime
So I've got my console. I've put a game in to play and it appears I have to k "install it" and "update it" before I can play? Is this normal? It's currently in the process of downloading a 50gb update for one game!

Welcome to the world of modern console gaming! Even titles that have just launched seem to get a patch straight away these days...

Back
Top Bottom