Xbox wireless adapter - interference ?

Soldato
After a 15 year hiatus from PC gaming, I've switched back and so far its been seamless, apart from the connection to the PC from the headphones.

I have the Xbox wireless adapter plugged into the back of the PC, and I sit just to the right of it. The sound will stutter and drop out sometimes for seconds at a time on my Xbox wireless headset, for no apparent reason other than what I can theorise might be the PC case's metal?

As you can see, I'm really not far from it at all.

c7amX3Q.jpg

vALJsqB.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this and solved it? Do you think it's interference, or something else?

Associate
My friend has had similar with a Corsair wireless headset, the solution was to use the supplied USB extension cable / stand to place the USB dongle in a better position.

The problem is if you want low latency audio wirelessly, any signal degredation is going to be detrimental to the sound and you'll get glitches and / or dropouts.

Soldato
OP
Yea, I was hoping to keep the dongle where it is though, but if I must move it, I will.

A thought just came to me - the dongle isn't physically far from the Wifi / BT extender that's on the mobo
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GC-WBAX200-rev-10#kf

I don't know enough about the wireless channels that the extender and the dongle uses to know if one will interfere with the other. Reckon that could be it?

Associate
Yea, I was hoping to keep the dongle where it is though, but if I must move it, I will.

A thought just came to me - the dongle isn't physically far from the Wifi / BT extender that's on the mobo
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GC-WBAX200-rev-10#kf

I don't know enough about the wireless channels that the extender and the dongle uses to know if one will interfere with the other. Reckon that could be it?

The Xbox Wireless Adapter uses the 5GHz range so I suppose it is possible, a simple enough to test if you temporarily disable the Bluetooth / WiFi and see if it improves.

Associate
I had this issue but it was with Bluetooth, the games would stutter badly and I’d get heavy frame rate drops.

actually moving to the dedicated wireless adapter fixed the issue so I find it quite odd that you’re having issues.

this will sound silly but you’re definitely connected to the wireless adapter?

Soldato
OP
Do people tidy their desks for nicer pictures? Mine is absolutely shocking.

This is how my desk/room looks, 90% of the time. Things might move around a bit, but my man-room's my sanctuary. My whole house has to be shared by wife and kids and dogs, and they're all messy. Here in my room, things are kept tidy.

I had this issue but it was with Bluetooth, the games would stutter badly and I’d get heavy frame rate drops.

actually moving to the dedicated wireless adapter fixed the issue so I find it quite odd that you’re having issues.

this will sound silly but you’re definitely connected to the wireless adapter?

100% sure.

Associate
Doesn't help I guess but I have the same case with the new model Xbox adapter and the case sits under my desk and have no issues what so ever. Not sure what USB port it's plugged into but it's also plugged in at the back.

Back
Top Bottom