Xbox360 VGA?

Associate
Hey guys,

My other half has bought me the GTAIV + XBox360 Premium package from a competitor :D but at the moment, I only have a spare Dell17" monitor to hook it up to.

Is this possible? VGA cables instead of HDMI/scart or whatever is usually used?

Cheers

No competitors please - Zefan.

EDIT: Oops, sorry mate - I forgot about that!

Man of Honour
Yes it is possible, they're available in most places that sell consoles.

Most people will advise you only to buy the official one however, as third party ones apparently result in a worse picture.

Caporegime
Yes official VGA cable will do you. You'll have to think about audio options though. best to go with official, there are some good third party ones but its a little risky.

Associate
OP
Yes official VGA cable will do you. You'll have to think about audio options though. best to go with official, there are some good third party ones but its a little risky.

Yeah I think it's probably best going for the official one. It's 17-20pounds depending on which competitor - is that all that I will require to hook it up to the monitor and start playing?

Soldato
when i had my 360 i wanted with my pc so i brought a vga lead from the bay(360 vga lead) and a vga switching box so i could switch over from the pc to the 360,worked very well for me and the picture was superb on my dell 21" widescreen lcd,both lead and box was not a brand name.

Caporegime
Yeah I have the official and the Joytech one and they're both excellent. Other people have mentioned that the Madcat one is good as well i believe. I have my PC connected with DVI then 360 with VGA and switch between them.

Soldato
It may have been a couple of years ago but I remember someone posting this cool looking picture of sound audio setup that looked a lot like a 360 itself. I think it support surround sound too but I haven't seen it for ages. I would have loved to get one now I have a 360.

For now I get audio by having my 360 connected to a mic socket on my PC.It works great book looks terrible. lol

Caporegime
yeah i know what you're talking about, I think its called a control center or something, plugs into the back of the 360. Should be on popular competitors sites if you have a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom