• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Xeon or C2Q

Associate
What are the differences here? I've always understood Xeon out performs Desktop equivalents.

Thought some others as well as myself may benefit from enlightenment.

Associate
I think (correct me if im wrong) Xeons are underclocksed quite a bit so when overclocking them you can get a hell of a lot more out of them. and it sounds better than C2D IMO

Associate
Xeon are like Opterons they are server CPUs which are made from better die which means they normally can clock better and use less volts to get it stable.

They are made to run 24/7 for very long time

Soldato
looks like i might have to add that to my upgrade over :(

So far got:

Asus 650i mobo
4gb 6400/8500 ram
8800 (might wait for the 8900 now to save some cash)

Soldato
I think a lot of people are stuck with the ol skool definition of a Xeon, tbh i've had quite a few 775 versions pass through here and none were anything special compared to their Core 2 Brethren, roughly the same or worse overclocks. Same for 939 Opterons.

Back
Top Bottom