Xfi Xtreme Music of Gamer?

Associate
Getting a new sound card for my wifes PC, going to get an Xfi but can't remember which one is better, the Extreme Gamer or the Exteme Music ?

I remember when they first came out there was one of the Xfis which was a deinate no no as it did not come with the onboard memory

Is that either of these ones or is it the cheaper one?...the Extreme Audio

If its not one of these, whats the difference? Since they are priced quite similarly

thanks

Soldato
They're pretty much the same card although it has been said that the Music has better quality components than the Gamer, i'm unsure if there is any truth to this though.

Associate
MeatLoaf is correct, although it should also be noted that the XtremeMusic has Coaxial digital out, whereas the XtremeGamer has Optical digital out (though both require an adaptor).

So if you're going to use digital, be sure to get the correct one.

Man of Honour
Looking at the PCB in detail for both (I Have the gamer) the components and the PCB and the PCB quality look exactly the same. The only difference is that the PCB size itself is smaller and thusly the components are much closer together.

Rightly so, the detailed spec presented by creative show no differences related to quality or performance.

Back
Top Bottom