• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX 7950 Double D - Locked Voltage??

Associate
Hey Guys, recently got one of these cards and i cant seem to get any sort of voltage control via afterburner even with unofficial overclocking enabled and voltage control tick boxes checked...

Ive also tried Trixx and found that i could adjust the voltage to 1130mv :(

Ive scouted the net and not really found anything about these cards having locked voltage. Wondering if somebody could shed to some light on how to get it working or let me know if their cards are the same as mine!

Associate
These GPUs are laser cut to disable volt adjustments. I can't even get round it with afterburner and it's unofficialoverclocking hack. The sliders move fine so it looks to work okay. But it just doesn't/won't.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the same card and can confirm they are voltage locked, with Trixx I can adjust the voltage with the sliders, but it doesn't actually do anything. In Afterburner it's disabled all together, even with unofficialoverclocking enabled.

It's a shame really for a card with such good cooling to overclock worse than reference cards.

Suspended
Hey Guys, recently got one of these cards and i cant seem to get any sort of voltage control via afterburner even with unofficial overclocking enabled and voltage control tick boxes checked...

Ive also tried Trixx and found that i could adjust the voltage to 1130mv :(

Ive scouted the net and not really found anything about these cards having locked voltage. Wondering if somebody could shed to some light on how to get it working or let me know if their cards are the same as mine!

They are voltage locked and AB won't unlock the voltage regardless of what you tick/enable.

Trixx/Asus unofficial Gputweak(http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24233-unoffical-GPUtweak&country=&status=) unlocks the voltage on locked XFX cards, but Gputweak doesn't remember the settings upon reboot, Trixx does.

I have the same as you, as you can get 1.13v through Trixx, then you have added voltage.

Your max voltage of 1.13v is exactly that, the max voltage available as you have a high Asic gpu=lower stock voltage.

If you had a low [email protected] it would let you go to 1.3v.

It's a shame really for a card with such good cooling to overclock worse than reference cards.

the DD's heatsink is flawed due to not letting any air from the fans cool the vms, when oc'ing the vrams get very hot and causes crashing/artifacts.

Associate
OP
They are voltage locked and AB won't unlock the voltage regardless of what you tick/enable.

I have the same as you, as you can get 1.13v through Trixx, then you have added voltage.

Your max voltage of 1.13v is exactly that, the max voltage available as you have a high Asic gpu=lower stock voltage.

If you had a low [email protected] it would let you go to 1.3v.

Such a shame, i bought the card only because of how well they can overclock. Might just sell it and get another :(

Caporegime
I've just got round to installing one of these and mine too is voltage locked. Think I'll send it back.

Edit:

Tried overclocking it at 1.13V does 1200mhz on the core! Maybe its not all bad at all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom