XFX PSU information!

Soldato
Dont want to be overly picky but they arent latest ATX12V compliant if they only run a single 12V rail :(
In fact they would be ATX12V 1.3 at best

Edit.
Had a look at the Seasonic specs, I can see what they have done and it is compliant, I think the wording on the XFX version is a little .. ambiguous. Looking at the Seasonic specs this appears to be an SSI EPS 2.92 compliant unit (modified server PSU), which is nice because the limits are slightly tighter ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Just to clarify:

The XFX Pro 450/550 are using a slightly modified version of the S12II platform.

The XFX Pro Core units are using the Seasonic SS***-AT platform (Seasonic sell this unit under their own name in the US) which is 99% identical to the Corsair TX V2's which use the same platform. Only difference is the XFX units are usually cheaper. An easy way to identify this platform is the amount of glue used,

XFX Pro Core 750: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/XFXPro650750/DSCF2624.JPG

Corsair TX750 V2: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/CorsairTX750V2/DSCF3011.JPG

Apart from different color PCB's, they're identical. :)

The XFX Black Edition/ XXX Pro Modular are Seasonic M12D, these PSU's are top tier, one of the best performers period. I would rank it slightly above Seasonic X/Corsair AX in terms of raw performance, as the ripple suppression is around the same, but the voltage regulation on the minor rails is a little tighter.

Always good to get some insider knowledge. Thanks.

Wonder if XFX will release a fully modular PSU like Seasonic X-Series or Platinium series. As they are great for highly managed cases or small ones when PSU needs removing but don't want to remove the cables.

The XFX 1000/1050/1250 are all based on the Seasonic X platform.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a few things from me as a 850W Black edition owner...

This is super quiet PSU - can't even hear it over the fans in the case.
Not fully modular - 24pin cable is in there permanently I'm afraid.
XFX service response on their website was reasonable - but nothing rapid either. It seemed to me that rep guy I talked to was replying from US not UK.

CUSTOM SLEEVING THEIR MODULAR CABLES VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY - at least according to the rep I talked to. SHAME :(

Great to know that at least the RMA center is in UK though.

So far - super happy with this PSU but made me think again about getting the Seasonic SS-850KM... their rep said it was ok to sleeve your cables... no warranty problems...
If only it was cheaper...

Associate
got the 1000watt one today playing skyrim on max settings with 580 sli the fan didn't even kick in.

kicked in on bf3 couldn't hear it and at this point it wasn't even in the case I was testing it before I did all the cables.

I've got a corsair 1200 watt for my other pc would have to say the xfx is probably the best out of the 2 noise wise and cable.

The pci-e cables come as 6 pin and 8 pin from one 12 pin connector at the psu end which is great.

I defiantly recommend this psu over any other I have used

Associate
I ordered the 850watts modular Sunday expecting to be sent out Monday for delivery Tuesday, but when I checked the status of my order, its still in the queue apparently... not really happy with this as I paid for next day delivery, and it's my very first order from OCUK

Last edited:
Soldato
got the 1000watt one today playing skyrim on max settings with 580 sli the fan didn't even kick in.

kicked in on bf3 couldn't hear it and at this point it wasn't even in the case I was testing it before I did all the cables.

I've got a corsair 1200 watt for my other pc would have to say the xfx is probably the best out of the 2 noise wise and cable.

The pci-e cables come as 6 pin and 8 pin from one 12 pin connector at the psu end which is great.

I defiantly recommend this psu over any other I have used

is that the platinum or the gold?
is there enough pci-e connectors for tri-xfie 3x6pin and 3x8pin?

Back
Top Bottom