***XL2420TE aka XL2420T rev2.0 NOW AVAILABLE FROM OcUK!!!*****

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Many of waiting for this new monitor as it sports 144Hz and Flicker FREE technology. Most of you know it as the XL2420TE from seeing it on sites in the USA. Unfortunately it won't come to the UK, BUT the current XL2420T shall become this new version.

Here at OcUK we are guaranteeing to identify this new model and book it in as a separate SKU so those of you who want this new version with 144Hz and Flicker FREE technology can order it in confidence.

We expect stock sometime between middle-end of August. :)

BenQ XL2420T rev2.0 24" TRUE 144Hz 3D Vision 2.0 Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red /w Flicker FREE Technology @ £319.99 inc VAT

MO-088-BQ_400.jpg

This revision 2.0 model is the same as the XL2420TE which is sold only in the USA, this version 2.0 is identical to that model found in the USA featuring Flicker FREE technology and 144Hz.

The XL2420T demonstrates BenQ’s true belief that "gaming is in the details" It has been co-developed with Counter-Strike pro gaming legends to bring you a gaming monitor like no other – from the attentive designs to the exceptional functions. With the precision and speed you would expect from a high-performance gaming monitor, you can now have a vantage point over your opponents in all your game play.

The task of conceptualizing the XL2420T as the ultimate gaming monitor involved a unique collaboration with prominent pro gamers: Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson, Emil “HeatoN” Christensen, Abdisamad “SpawN” Mohamed, Michael “ahl” Korduner and Christer “fisker” Eriksson. These five names alone are synonymous when it comes to legendary Counter-Strike players. Their accumulated wealth of knowledge and skills helped BenQ develop a monitor that adapts to the needs of gamers to improve their chances of winning.

Poor visibility in dark scenes can cost even the most skillful gamers their game. The Black eQualizer color engine technology is designed to offer an unprecedented level of control and visibility. Dark scenes are brightened without over-exposing the bright areas to preserve vital details, enabling gamers to spot their enemies easily in critical combat and react quickly in any situation.

The XL2420T comes with a stylish S Switch. This distinct remote controller comes with three preset buttons so you’re able to customize and save your display settings for gaming, work or entertainment purposes. Use the scroll button on the S Switch to quickly navigate and change the OSD settings. It eliminates the tedious process of adjusting your monitor settings. Now switching seamlessly between the presets is as easy as 1-2-3.

The Display Mode and Smart Scaling features allow you to change the monitor view to suit your liking and to simulate any in-game experience. Interchange instantly between different screen sizes, from 17" (4:3), 19" (4:3), 19"W (16:9), 21.5"W (16:9), 22"W (16:10), 23"W (16:9) to 24"W (16:9), using the Display Mode. Or take advantage of the Smart Scaling feature and enjoy the flexibility to freely scale the screen content to any custom size. You can certainly use the two features together to get the best possible view for any application or game.

The preset FPS mode tailored by HeatoN and SpawN gives you the optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness and color tint in FPS games so you can spot your opponents and track their every move, even in indistinct situations. There are two variations to this special mode this year: the FPS1 mode is designed for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source. The perfect combination of form and function provides gamers with the vantage point to always be one step ahead of the game.

With a refresh rate of 144Hz, there’s never a lag and every in-game details will be smoothly rendered. Drawing on hyper-speed video processing technology, the XL2420T gives you on-screen action and captivating realism.

Fast response time of 2ms GTG means speed without the smear for an enhanced gaming experience. Fast-moving action and dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without the annoying effects of smearing or ghosting. Control your gaming destiny and don’t leave it in the hands of slow display.

The newly designed OSD enables you to conveniently change your settings in an intuitive horizontal slide out menu display. This simplistic design makes it easier to navigate between options and settings.

The secret is out. Download special gaming presets used by HeatoN and SpawN so you can see what the pros see. Each mode is fine tuned so you can leverage these exclusive presets used by pro gamers to your own advantage. Users can install these exclusive presets and leverage them to their advantage. More presets from legendary gamers will be released in the future so you can always stay on top of your game.

The Height Adjustment Stand can be operated with just one finger so you can effortlessly adjust the height of the monitor to suit your sight level. Have the monitor way up high, or change it to sit flat on the table. The monitor can also be turned vertically or horizontally and comes with a quick-release VESA mount design. In addition, the sleek headphones hook at the back keeps your desk top neat and tidy.

Certified as NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2-ready with the new NVIDIA 3D LightBoost™ technology so you can experience gaming and entertainment like never before with total realism and intensive graphic display. Furthermore, the XL2420T supports D-Sub, HDMI, DVI-DL and DP inputs for console gaming action.

Features:-
- rev2 with Flicker FREE technology
- 144Hz Version
- Product Color: Black-Red
- Screen Size: 24"W LED-backlight
- Resolution (max.): 1920 x 1080
- Pixel Pitch: 0.276 mm
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 / DCR:12,000,000:1
- Response Time: 2 ms GtG
- Viewing Angle (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10): 170 / 160
- Display Color: 16.7 million
- Color Gamut: 72%
- Terminals: D-sub / DVI-DL (Dual Link) / HDMI x 2 / DP 1.2 / Headphone Jack
- USB Hub: Donwstream x3; Upstream x1
- Color Temperature: Reddish / Normal / Bluish / User mode
- Features: Black eQualizer, Smart Scaling, FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Game Mode Loader, NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2 ready, Senseye 3, AMA
- HDCP
- K-Locker mount
- Height adjustment: 130mm
- Tilt (down / up): -5 / 20
- Swivel (left / right): -45 / 45
- Pivot: 90°
- 571.4 x 516.9 x 149.9 mm
- Gross weight: 6.1 kg
- VESA Wall Mounting (mm): 100 x 100 mm <
- 2yr On-Site Warranty

Only £319.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Hi there

Many of waiting for this new monitor as it sports 144Hz and Flicker FREE technology. Most of you know it as the XL2420TE from seeing it on sites in the USA. Unfortunately it won't come to the UK, BUT the current XL2420T shall become this new version.

Here at OcUK we are guaranteeing to identify this new model and book it in as a separate SKU so those of you who want this new version with 144Hz and Flicker FREE technology can order it in confidence.

We expect stock sometime between middle-end of August. :)

BenQ XL2420T rev2.0 24" TRUE 144Hz 3D Vision 2.0 Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red /w Flicker FREE Technology @ £319.99 inc VAT

MO-088-BQ_400.jpg

This revision 2.0 model is the same as the XL2420TE which is sold only in the USA, this version 2.0 is identical to that model found in the USA featuring Flicker FREE technology and 144Hz.

The XL2420T demonstrates BenQ’s true belief that "gaming is in the details" It has been co-developed with Counter-Strike pro gaming legends to bring you a gaming monitor like no other – from the attentive designs to the exceptional functions. With the precision and speed you would expect from a high-performance gaming monitor, you can now have a vantage point over your opponents in all your game play.

The task of conceptualizing the XL2420T as the ultimate gaming monitor involved a unique collaboration with prominent pro gamers: Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson, Emil “HeatoN” Christensen, Abdisamad “SpawN” Mohamed, Michael “ahl” Korduner and Christer “fisker” Eriksson. These five names alone are synonymous when it comes to legendary Counter-Strike players. Their accumulated wealth of knowledge and skills helped BenQ develop a monitor that adapts to the needs of gamers to improve their chances of winning.

Poor visibility in dark scenes can cost even the most skillful gamers their game. The Black eQualizer color engine technology is designed to offer an unprecedented level of control and visibility. Dark scenes are brightened without over-exposing the bright areas to preserve vital details, enabling gamers to spot their enemies easily in critical combat and react quickly in any situation.

The XL2420T comes with a stylish S Switch. This distinct remote controller comes with three preset buttons so you’re able to customize and save your display settings for gaming, work or entertainment purposes. Use the scroll button on the S Switch to quickly navigate and change the OSD settings. It eliminates the tedious process of adjusting your monitor settings. Now switching seamlessly between the presets is as easy as 1-2-3.

The Display Mode and Smart Scaling features allow you to change the monitor view to suit your liking and to simulate any in-game experience. Interchange instantly between different screen sizes, from 17" (4:3), 19" (4:3), 19"W (16:9), 21.5"W (16:9), 22"W (16:10), 23"W (16:9) to 24"W (16:9), using the Display Mode. Or take advantage of the Smart Scaling feature and enjoy the flexibility to freely scale the screen content to any custom size. You can certainly use the two features together to get the best possible view for any application or game.

The preset FPS mode tailored by HeatoN and SpawN gives you the optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness and color tint in FPS games so you can spot your opponents and track their every move, even in indistinct situations. There are two variations to this special mode this year: the FPS1 mode is designed for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source. The perfect combination of form and function provides gamers with the vantage point to always be one step ahead of the game.

With a refresh rate of 144Hz, there’s never a lag and every in-game details will be smoothly rendered. Drawing on hyper-speed video processing technology, the XL2420T gives you on-screen action and captivating realism.

Fast response time of 2ms GTG means speed without the smear for an enhanced gaming experience. Fast-moving action and dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without the annoying effects of smearing or ghosting. Control your gaming destiny and don’t leave it in the hands of slow display.

The newly designed OSD enables you to conveniently change your settings in an intuitive horizontal slide out menu display. This simplistic design makes it easier to navigate between options and settings.

The secret is out. Download special gaming presets used by HeatoN and SpawN so you can see what the pros see. Each mode is fine tuned so you can leverage these exclusive presets used by pro gamers to your own advantage. Users can install these exclusive presets and leverage them to their advantage. More presets from legendary gamers will be released in the future so you can always stay on top of your game.

The Height Adjustment Stand can be operated with just one finger so you can effortlessly adjust the height of the monitor to suit your sight level. Have the monitor way up high, or change it to sit flat on the table. The monitor can also be turned vertically or horizontally and comes with a quick-release VESA mount design. In addition, the sleek headphones hook at the back keeps your desk top neat and tidy.

Certified as NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2-ready with the new NVIDIA 3D LightBoost™ technology so you can experience gaming and entertainment like never before with total realism and intensive graphic display. Furthermore, the XL2420T supports D-Sub, HDMI, DVI-DL and DP inputs for console gaming action.

Features:-
- rev2 with Flicker FREE technology
- 144Hz Version
- Product Color: Black-Red
- Screen Size: 24"W LED-backlight
- Resolution (max.): 1920 x 1080
- Pixel Pitch: 0.276 mm
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 / DCR:12,000,000:1
- Response Time: 2 ms GtG
- Viewing Angle (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10): 170 / 160
- Display Color: 16.7 million
- Color Gamut: 72%
- Terminals: D-sub / DVI-DL (Dual Link) / HDMI x 2 / DP 1.2 / Headphone Jack
- USB Hub: Donwstream x3; Upstream x1
- Color Temperature: Reddish / Normal / Bluish / User mode
- Features: Black eQualizer, Smart Scaling, FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Game Mode Loader, NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2 ready, Senseye 3, AMA
- HDCP
- K-Locker mount
- Height adjustment: 130mm
- Tilt (down / up): -5 / 20
- Swivel (left / right): -45 / 45
- Pivot: 90°
- 571.4 x 516.9 x 149.9 mm
- Gross weight: 6.1 kg
- VESA Wall Mounting (mm): 100 x 100 mm <
- 2yr On-Site Warranty

Only £319.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Are you still expecting these in tomorrow?

Man of Honour
The old T is only 120Hz and tbh the panel (as in the actual display panel) isn't that great outside of being extremely responsive for purely gaming purposes. The revision 2 supposedly has a better panel (haven't actually seen for myself) and does 144Hz.

Soldato
From what I can make out the XL2411T is the one to get, it lacks a few of the features of the more expensive models but still has a 144Hz panel.

Soldato
I'm guessing it's going to be a while ... no competitors are even advertising the updated version yet.

An updated XL2411T with flicker-free backlight enters production this month. So retail samples later this year should also be flicker-free. It usually takes some time for stock to catch up to updated revisions, especially if a store has lots of the old revision knocking around. It's good that OcUK have distinguished between the revisions of the XL2420T for clarity, I assume the XL2420T Rev 2.0 is also in production this month (likely it was earlier) so I'd expect availability from OcUK shortly.

Associate
Doubt the updated 11T will arrive before October at the earliest, then. 20T probably not a great deal sooner as there still seems to be plenty of stock.

PCM2,

Have you heard any murmurings about 120-144hz on resolutions greater than 1920x1080 yet ... or is it still fingers crossed for CES?

nvc

nvc

Associate
looking forward to the updated xl2411t, hopefully they made yet more changes to the overdrive! :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Guys

I've bought 2 of the BenQ XL2420T rev 1.0 and had to return both back because of high backlight bleeding.

Does rev 2.0 have similar high levels of backlight bleeding, I know there should be some because these are not IPS but I'm not putting £300 to a monitor with halo effects round the sides.

Soldato
Will there be a 27" XL2720TE 144hz version?

Nothing is confirmed yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see a flicker-free 144Hz XL2720T variant.

Doubt the updated 11T will arrive before October at the earliest, then. 20T probably not a great deal sooner as there still seems to be plenty of stock.

PCM2,

Have you heard any murmurings about 120-144hz on resolutions greater than 1920x1080 yet ... or is it still fingers crossed for CES?

It is still a case of wait and see unfortunately! IFA is only a few days away and there should be some nice new stuff shown off there. A big focus seems to be on 4K and LFDs (Large Format Displays) this time but my PR contacts have their lips sealed so not to spoil the show. :p

looking forward to the updated xl2411t, hopefully they made yet more changes to the overdrive! :)

That would be nice to see. I hope that I'll be able to take a bit of a look at a new XL2411T revision to see how it compares to the old one. Hopefully BenQ will have some review samples available later this year but I'm not sure.

Hi Guys

I've bought 2 of the BenQ XL2420T rev 1.0 and had to return both back because of high backlight bleeding.

Does rev 2.0 have similar high levels of backlight bleeding, I know there should be some because these are not IPS but I'm not putting £300 to a monitor with halo effects round the sides.

Backlight bleeding varies between units and is certainly not something IPS models are immune from. I have seen a few XL2420T samples completely free from any 'bleeding' and others that are worse. I don't expect to see much change in that respect on the new revision. But one thing I find to be a fairly consistent problem with these monitors is clouding, which can be thought of a mild and somewhat less noticeable alternative to 'bleed'. It doesn't always occur towards the edges and in this case it manifests itself as patches of lighter grey at various points of the screen. If that was tackled it would be nice.

Associate
It is still a case of wait and see unfortunately! IFA is only a few days away and there should be some nice new stuff shown off there. A big focus seems to be on 4K and LFDs (Large Format Displays) this time but my PR contacts have their lips sealed so not to spoil the show. :p

Doubt if there'll be much aimed at gamers at IFA, as far as displays are concerned it's usually very much orientated towards professional stuff. Hence why I said CES.

I REALLY want more resolution, and 4k would be lovely if it was affordable, but there's no way my eyes would accept 60hz again. As it is, I try to find pretty much any excuse not to edit the photos I take (on my 60hz IPS panel) and end up delaying it forever. Will probably replace my XL2410T with the flicker free 11T, unless something high res and high hz is announced very soon.

Also, I haven't been able to find much information re: HDMI 2.0. Are current cables able to take the full bandwidth, or not? I assume they are and it's just a case of the ports / chipset on the input / output device being up to spec?

Soldato
Doubt if there'll be much aimed at gamers at IFA, as far as displays are concerned it's usually very much orientated towards professional stuff. Hence why I said CES.

I REALLY want more resolution, and 4k would be lovely if it was affordable, but there's no way my eyes would accept 60hz again. As it is, I try to find pretty much any excuse not to edit the photos I take (on my 60hz IPS panel) and end up delaying it forever. Will probably replace my XL2410T with the flicker free 11T, unless something high res and high hz is announced very soon.

Also, I haven't been able to find much information re: HDMI 2.0. Are current cables able to take the full bandwidth, or not? I assume they are and it's just a case of the ports / chipset on the input / output device being up to spec?

IFA is broader than that. Manufacturers show off their latest and near-release models. Some examples of some monitors first shown off at IFA with a home-user and gaming appeal include the Samsung XL2370, LG W2363D, various 21:9 displays and the Dell S-Series. In some cases these were when they were first shown off because of their release dates (late in the year). Philips will be showing off a 144Hz model at IFA this year, that much I do know.

And HDMI 2.0 will use existing cables. When we will see fully complaint monitors that use this standard is another matter. Frankly, until Nvidia in particular sort their colour signal issues out I don't really care much for this as a PC user. DisplayPort is a nicer PC-only choice.

X3T

X3T

Associate
What is the response time of this monitor? It's quoted here as 2ms, but the XL2420TE model which this is meant to be identical to is 1ms.

Associate
IFA is broader than that. Manufacturers show off their latest and near-release models. Some examples of some monitors first shown off at IFA with a home-user and gaming appeal include the Samsung XL2370, LG W2363D, various 21:9 displays and the Dell S-Series. In some cases these were when they were first shown off because of their release dates (late in the year). Philips will be showing off a 144Hz model at IFA this year, that much I do know.

And HDMI 2.0 will use existing cables. When we will see fully complaint monitors that use this standard is another matter. Frankly, until Nvidia in particular sort their colour signal issues out I don't really care much for this as a PC user. DisplayPort is a nicer PC-only choice.

I'd guess after ~CES time. Final spec either just has been or is about to be released officially. PS4 will have it (dunno about XBO), new AMD 9xxx cards will presumably have it, and presumably 2014 model year 4K TVs will have it.

Edit: I'd rather use DP, too. But a higher bandwidth HDMI spec is vital if we want higher resolution at high refresh rates, since a lot of people will want to connect via it rather than DP.

Last edited:

nvc

nvc

Associate
I want this new XL2420T v2 but yet again the XL2411T v2 is reporting the 0.001 frames of input lag on the benq website, whilst the XL2420T v2 doesn't. I hate the waiting game, guess i'm going for the XL2411T v2.

Back
Top Bottom