Xonar DS & Audio settings playing up after re-build. Help?

Caporegime
Hi guys, so I recently re-built my PC (new PSU, motherboard, SSD, fresh OS install etc) and my Xonar DS isn't corresponding with my audio settings as it should.

Before re-doing the system, I could look at the playback devices list, and there was "Headphones - Asus Xonar DS", "Speakers - Asus Xonar DS" and so on, as you might expect and the correct one would show up in the volume mixer with the real-time VU meter working as normal, but now, I only have "Speakers - Asus Xonar DS" in my playback devices list, and it is not being used no matter what setting I choose in the Asus audio centre software.

Whats more, it appears that Windows seems to think that all sound is being played back through a device in the recording devices list called "Wave - Asus Xonar DS", meaning that the volume mixer cannot be used properly.

I have tried messing around with default devices, disabling devices, disabling on-board sound in the BIOS and re-installing the sound drivers, nothing has fixed the issue, and this is a major problem for me as I can't be without my sound card, but I NEED the volume mixer to work (as you can imagine).

I should imagine the hardware change that caused this behavioural change is the motherboard. (?) The old board was an ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 Z68, the new one is an Asus P8Z68-V Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really need to sort this... Here's hoping it's something simple that I have overlooked.

Can provide screenshots of various things if needed.

Thanks a-lot :)

~acme

Soldato
I'm going to mention the obligatory method used in these situations; try using Brainbit's Unified Xonar drivers. Asus drivers aren't the best. Whilst they may work perfectly fine for one person, someone else may have nothing but trouble with them. Give the Brainbit ones a try, then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom