Xonar Essence STX Drivers

Soldato
Dont suppose anyone has these downloaded on their system?

For some reason Asus has been faffing with their website,Now the Xonar Essence STX doesnt show up,ONLY the STX 2 and you cant use those drivers.

cant use live help either the tab things you select dont work..what a nightmare.

thanks

Soldato
OP
Thanks il give them a try,I did see the UniXonar drivers but would prefer genuine drivers as i also seen a lot of bugs listed on the UniXonar drivers id like to avoid. :)

V F

V F

Soldato
First Phoebus line got ditched and now such top level card.
Asus sure seems to want to kick people to buying newer cards by limiting support...

Softpedia claims to have some February driver.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...-Audio-Driver-8-1-8-1823-for-Windows-10.shtml
You could try UniXonar drivers.

Funny that. I remember when their Xonar cards hit, so many flocked to them because of these same stunts from Creative. Yet here we are today. It’s like Creative in disguise.

Before that Auzentech was put to the wall.

Soldato
Funny that. I remember when their Xonar cards hit, so many flocked to them because of these same stunts from Creative. Yet here we are today. It’s like Creative in disguise.
Indeed positions have pretty much changed around.
At one time I even did sound card's driver software installation manually because Creative's autoamtic installation wanted to install splash screens and such bloatware.
Now they have single clean installation package and even offer drivers for some dozen years old "Why would anyone still want to use it?" cards.

And this isn't the only such turn around of mistake making.
Like how things pretty much turned around in consoles with PS4 vs XBone.

Soldato
I'm in same boat as own 2 Essence ST cards.

Removing drivers has been going on for years, the only guaranteed way against this is to buy external DAC's and run from motherboards SPDIF out.

V F

V F

Soldato
Indeed positions have pretty much changed around.
At one time I even did sound card's driver software installation manually because Creative's autoamtic installation wanted to install splash screens and such bloatware.
Now they have single clean installation package and even offer drivers for some dozen years old "Why would anyone still want to use it?" cards.

And this isn't the only such turn around of mistake making.
Like how things pretty much turned around in consoles with PS4 vs XBone.

I'm still glad I have my Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and looking forward to hear what it is like with the AKG 702. Will see what it is like after reading about the replaceable opamps. Or eventually go for a tube amp... I'll need to wait and see to adjust to this new sound.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/auzentech-x-fi-prelude-opamp-rolling.423815/

I did orginally have my eyes set on the Essence STX II years ago but still to this day no matter what card most still complain about drivers and/or support.

Associate
Hey Guys

I'd like to thanks you all for initiating this thread. :cool:

I've got an Asus Xonar D2X which under Windows 10 didn't work + Asus said IT'S END OF LIFE MATE.

Yet I've found a working driver through one of the links above, annoyingly on screen it looks like genuine Asus too. I've just been on to there support team who allegedly have been helping me through this issue.
Boys I've given them some stick :mad:

Thanks again Guys. I'll get out of your thread now. :o

Back
Top Bottom