US: Y: The Last Man (FX on Hulu)

Soldato
Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's comic series Y: The Last Man is considered by many to be one of the medium's finest, telling the story of a cataclysmic event that causes all beings on Earth with the Y chromosome to suddenly die, save for one male human named Yorick Brown and his pet monkey, Ampersand.

Soldato
a tv show about women struggling to survive without men......oh that's gonna ruffle a whole lot of feathers, i can just hear the twitter melt down already lol!! looks good though.

Soldato
According to the official Twitter account for this show it only decimates those with the Y chromosome, that implies there will still be plenty of men around to keep things running.

Although you can tell it's going to be woke nonsense.

EH4nnce.png

Last edited:
Associate
Although you can tell it's going to be woke nonsense.

I mean, it has an almost entirely female cast and covers things like sexuality and gender identity, so you should definitely just dismiss one of the most acclaimed comic series of all time as "woke" :rolleyes:

Maybe get your half-the-population-is-gone kicks with Avengers Endgame. There's not that many women to give you complicated thoughts, and all the men are strong and carry heavy stuff. You'll love it.

So all the MTF people also die off?

If "decimates every mammal with a Y chromosome except one cisgender man and his pet monkey" is too tough to follow, this may not be the show for you

Soldato
I mean, it has an almost entirely female cast and covers things like sexuality and gender identity, so you should definitely just dismiss one of the most acclaimed comic series of all time as "woke" :rolleyes:

Maybe get your half-the-population-is-gone kicks with Avengers Endgame. There's not that many women to give you complicated thoughts, and all the men are strong and carry heavy stuff. You'll love it.

If "decimates every mammal with a Y chromosome except one cisgender man and his pet monkey" is too tough to follow, this may not be the show for you

5up0xqT.gif

Soldato
I remember reading a story where there were only half a dozen men in the world. It was a horror story: the men were ‘milked’ incessantly and not allowed normal sex.

Soldato
I'm sure I've seen an old Russian film where there are no men. I think two male astronauts appear and it all goes off. Pretty sure it's a comedy of sorts.

Anyway, as much as I loathe the whole "straight, able bodied white males are evil" vibe, Y never came across like that, least not without it being a trait of a character rather than an underlying theme or message

Associate
Haven't read the novels in a long while but love them. Been following news on an adaptation, from the cancelled movie idea to the constant on and off again idea of it being a show.

I'm still going to check it out as reviews have been in the 6-7 out of 10 range, if it gets renewed I'm willing to bet the show will improve as I feel the novels really starts to fly a quite a bit after the plague hits.

As for the idea of being a snu-snu fest being the last remaining guy in the world, the novels rubbish that idea very quickly.

Soldato
Even though it'd never be shot, just for kicks I'd find it quite funny in a dark comedy way if "the last man" turned out to be either gay or a MTF trans with zero interest in women, just to see how the studio would handle a world full of women and the 1 person who could help perpetuate the species doesn't want anything to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom