Yamaha PES1

Associate
OP
I know what you mean. But it looks cool :) and for that I'll wear a backpack :)

Just not sure when a 2016 release would be :/

Soldato
So i stumbled across this cool toy yesterday, and all the press releases point to a 2016 release.

just so happens i need a cheap traffic dodger in the next few months.

has anybody heard anything about this? last news seems to have come out of the Tokyo show in October?

few links.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/23/yamaha-pes1-ped1-electric-motorcycles-production/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0NA8oNyszk

Cant see it being cheap
a cheap 2nd hand 125 would be better

Associate
OP
Exactly, I managed most of the major service on my stripple. Couldn't manage the shock rebuild tho. It's just a lot of faffing.

Associate
Never understood electric cars and bikes, the electricity still has to come from a coal power station for the most part. Let alone there is no noise which makes up a lot of the joy you get when driving/riding.

One

One

Soldato
Never understood electric cars and bikes, the electricity still has to come from a coal power station for the most part. Let alone there is no noise which makes up a lot of the joy you get when driving/riding.

Are they not more efficient? Plus, a certain percentage of electricity will come from renewable sources. It's not much maybe 10% or 20% but it's still more than the 0% of petrol. This number will only increase too as we systematically remove our dependency on fossil fuels.

It won't be long before noisy petrol bikes are sole the domain of hobbyists. We'll get the same looks from people that steam train enthusiasts get or steamroller enthusiasts :p

Associate
OP
There is less noise, but there is still noise, think tye fighter from starwars ish. I like the idea of charging overnight like my phones X not having to pull into a petrol station and faff around. Get home plug in and forget until morning. The green thing is not majorly important to me, but supporting new emerging tech which will surpass the ICE that is kind of important.

Back
Top Bottom