Yet another fleabay thread

Soldato
gam3r said:
Things have turned for the worse...he has now opened up a paypal dispute...what should i do?

How long has it been since the payment was made, and the buyer received the goods? Also how long has it been since feedback was left?

You could do two things:

1) You could be honest and tell eBay your mistake, and they may make you refund the guys money

2) You could say that the guy is trying to scam you to get his money back, and point out that he has left positive feedback

I personally would do the 2nd option... but thats just me :o

Soldato
OP
Right, the payment was made on 16th august and he left me feedback on the 20th. The buyer recieved the goods on the 18th.

How would i tell this all to ebay? I mean who do i contact..

Soldato
You listed them wrongly, end of. Basically you sent something other than what you put on auction and this is how eBay will see it. Give some money in compensation, perhaps not the entirity of what was paid.

Soldato
gam3r said:
Right, the payment was made on 16th august and he left me feedback on the 20th. The buyer recieved the goods on the 18th.

How would i tell this all to ebay? I mean who do i contact..

You can just reply to the dispute... if he filed one, you will be given a chance to respond to it.

cleanbluesky said:
You listed them wrongly, end of. Basically you sent something other than what you put on auction and this is how eBay will see it. Give some money in compensation, perhaps not the entirity of what was paid.

True it was his mistake, but the buyer should have checked the items once he received them.

Associate
Also, depends on what he paid. After the costs of going through the dispute it may not be worth his while.

I think you'll be fine, otherwise it's a one off mistake you'll learn from.

Back
Top Bottom