Yet another new monitor thread

Associate
Ok, I`m wanting a new monitor, 99% on the time its for gaming the rest of the time is for educational purposes looking on the internet ;).

I like the looks of the Asus PG348Q ROG.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...en-curved-led-monitor-black-re-mo-089-as.html

But the price seems to fluctuate quite dramatically on here, supply and demand issues perhaps.

I've been looking for news on up and coming monitors on TFT central but are there any new gaming monitors of better caliber as the one above, should I buy one now or should I simply hold off until the new year ?.

~Mark.

See my spec below for GFX cards

Associate
I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm looking at the x34A instead. It's currently 150 cheaper, but in both cases you have something of a panel lottery when it comes to getting a good screen as Asus and Acer have crap QC.
There is a new x34 screen that was supposed to be out this year but I'm told has been delayed until next year. The advice I also got was to avoid getting that due to the time honoured method of manufacturers releasing an updated screen after bugs or defects are highlighted with the initial release model (x34 ----> x34A).
No doubt native 120hz super wide IPS panels will be available in time but that could be late next year or even the year after, so playing the waiting game simply means you never buy anything as there's always something new coming out "soon".

Anyway, the Asus model you're looking at is exactly the same LG screen as the x34A that I'm looking at so it really boils down to your budget and whether you like the look of it more.

Edit: Your SLI should give you some very nice super wide fps with all the eye candy on :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'd recommend getting it ;) It's a fantastic monitor. I'm very happy with the build quality of my Asus. Your setup would be perfect for ultra wide.

It takes you up to another level of gaming immersion.

Has the Asus price increase kicked in already? I thought it was due in October.

Associate
OP
Apparently so, it went from 950 to 1200 quid on OCUK either this week or last.

Yeah its fluctuated here on OC a bit since I've took notice of the monitor. I couldn't justify buying another monitor when I already had two good ones but now one gone I`m in the market for another.

I like dealing with OC and have bought off them for a while, in fact I bought my sons PC from here a couple of months ago but I can get the monitor elsewhere cheaper.
Agree though, holding out for the latest model is probably not the best idea, I am always under the impression of just buying it now if you can afford it. Just wanted to know if people knew anything about impending monitors.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom