You have 3 months, what do you do?

Caporegime
Eh? I didn't mean start a project, I just meant volunteer as a worker on one!

even as a volunteer you normally have to pay for the privilege, I wanted to do it at the end of my course but couldn't afford to :(

WoW is a good time filler lol

Exactly, unfortunately anything to do with conservation (or helping people) costs lots of money to volunteer. There are ways round it, by looking for the actual charities behind it, however they are difficult to find and few and far between on the internet.

I'm in a "similar" situation to Qeffects, I haven't got a job and decided to see about doing some volunteer work, unfortunately I couldn't afford to do any of it.

Soldato
work experience, so that potential future employers who look at why you took so long to finish a degree will think slightly better of you.

Last edited:

CBJ

CBJ

Associate
even as a volunteer you normally have to pay for the privilege, I wanted to do it at the end of my course but couldn't afford to :(
If this is true then I'm amazed. I can imagine some big, high profile projects being oversubscribed with volunteers that they can only take on if they bring a bucketful of cash with them. I can also imagine projects where each volunteer actually costs the project money (accommodation, food, liability insurance or whatever) and where they'd ask people to contribute a small amount to cover that. But surely there must be smaller projects crying out for manpower where the costs are not that high.

Back
Top Bottom