You need to earn £10k in 3 months as a side gig, how would you do it?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I did that with 250 skate boards a few years ago. Got them for £8 each and sold them on eBay for £29.99 delivered. They all sound in about 6 weeks, missus wasn’t impressed with the full garage. I remember the truck pulling up and I hadn’t thought how much space they would take lol.
Fair play, that is a nice profit :cool:

Did you lose much in fees and postage?

Man of Honour
Realistically? Work my *** off outside of work doing Deliveroo and Uber. I know someone who does Uber on Friday and Saturday nights only - by nights I mean 8pm-8am - and reckons he earns an average of 2.5k a month whilst leasing.

Only need to earn 8k as both are basically free to start.

You need to end up with £10k plus whatever you invest, so £8k would leave you well short of the target.

Soldato
OP
So I pitched my ideas to a few friends and just had lunch with one of them.

He see my vision, we think it might be able to scale quite well to multiple markets and from his perspective the concept may have some additional value that I hadn't realised.

We're going to keep doing research, I'm going to keep building the MVP and we'll potentially get a couple more people on board.

This is all quite exciting. It looks like we might actually be forming a real company and I may be able to hit my 3 month target if the investment pans out and we can get this working :D

Soldato
Sell your bum , little outlay other than soothing cream and KY .

90 days at 2.2 clients a day at £50 a go , ok make it 3 and a bit a day and have weekends off . About an hour of your time each day plus a little advertisement and marketing.

It’s legal , what’s not to like ?

Soldato
You could easily make that in a month. If you were able to secure a part time contracting role.

I started my first contracting gig whilst I was still working full time. I would use weekends and weekday evenings to do the work for the client... Bagged myself some nice change.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Pizza delivery moped when the world cup or Euros are on.

Used to be a good earner before all this pay via card and internet started :(

Soldato
I know, I bought 347 when they were below 1K

i-dont-believe-it.jpg

Soldato
I did that with 250 skate boards a few years ago. Got them for £8 each and sold them on eBay for £29.99 delivered. They all sound in about 6 weeks, missus wasn’t impressed with the full garage. I remember the truck pulling up and I hadn’t thought how much space they would take lol.

I'm intrigued as I've been toying with this for a while now and spend quite a bit of time on alibaba looking for the right product.

Were you actively looking for skateboards and whats the deal with tax/import etc? Doesn't sound like a one off, has it worked for you every time?

Associate
Roulette is a viable option. The is a good "guaranteed strategy" but does require quite a big bank balance. Can be slow to start and risky.

Some sites allow you to spin without betting. so you can force sequences of say 5+ reds in a row.

For example, hitting the same color for n times in a row on a single-zero roulette has the probability
image002.gif

For n = 3, this is 11.51%,
For n = 5 is 2.72%,
For n = 10 it goes down to 0.07%.

So if you Start with a Bet of £1 on a 5 Sequence. If it Wins = £1 Profit. If it loses you double your bet to £2, again if it loses double again to £4 and so on. Once you hit a win your profit will be equal to your starting bet.

I done this on small scale and made £60 in a few days, then got greedy had a few unlucky spells of 10+ coloured runs followed by a "Zero" Green. So set yourself a limit of say doubling you bet 5 times. If no win start again.

But remember some tables have bet limits so do it wisely and it can take a lot time to get sequences to bet on.

a £1 starting bet can easily become very large if you hit a run of 10+ sequence

1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512

Man of Honour
No, just no!

The wheel has no memory and the house always has the edge, this can never win long term unless you have an infinite bank account and can find a table with infinite limits.

Most roulette tables have small outer number limits which mean you hit your cap very quickly and can no longer double down!

Back
Top Bottom