Your clubs ticketing arrangements

Man of Honour
As per title, Season Tickets aside, what's your clubs ticketing arrangements like? Good or bad?

For Spurs, you have to be a bronze or Lilly white to have any chance.

Bronze members get one day before sale to Lilly whites but guarantees you nothing.

For away matches, you are on a Loyalty scheme which is a good idea but the points are carried over season to seaon, so the ceiling is always out of your reach. I've been trying to gt away tickets all season.

I've been a bronze member for 4 years and it's getting harder and harder. You have to be on the members sale button spot on the sale time to have any chance.

In contrast, I remember just sending off a voucher in my members book for the 1987 cup final. £8 no problems.

Soldato
For domestic cups it's great, get them held for quite a while. European however is shocking. Instead of just putting away fans behind the goal as per normal, they've put them in with Home fans, shifting a major area of season ticket holders. I've sat in a different seat for every European game so far, some restricted view as they haven't bothered to allocate replacement seats for those Season Ticket holders moved because of the seating arrangement. Really frustrating, as I can't see why they can't leave them in the away stand, and stick home/neutral next to them, just like they do for most home games, apart from the other London clubs.

Soldato
Pretty good in Aberdeen, especially this season with attendances plummeting really badly!
Sparta Prague usually have plenty of seats free too.

Soldato
At Rangers we have a CCS (Continuous Credit Scheme) where we sign up in adavance to all Home European and Cup ties in which to guarentee our tickets for Semi and Final events throughout the season. This is a genuinely decent scheme for fans such as myself as it makes sure I can get my tickets for the big games.

As for away tickets you can simply sign up for these at the moment the renewal form comes through the door but this is also through the CCS. If tickets become available for Away games throughout the season, Season Ticket holders are offered the chance to take these up and are contacted via email.

Also there is a friends/family option within the forms which mean that you can link your tickets for any games where it is at a different stadium (cup games etc) and you will sit next to your friends/family you usually sit with at Ibrox usually.

:)

Man of Honour
Arsenal:

Pretty simple really, you pay £30/year for Red Membership.
Higher level memberships get first dibs and then a month or so later (1 month before kickoff) 1500 tickets plus any unsold go on sale to red members. Site always gets hammered at 10am but as long as you are sniffing around then you can normally get a ticket unless it's a big match. Problem I have is that my wife is a member too so getting two seats together in my preferred area isn't always possible.

Then there is ticket exchange where season ticket holders can sell off unwanted tickets to other members, very rare I see anything on there though as normally anything that comes available will get snapped up.

There's been a couple of league games have even gone on general sale but basically unless you are a member you have no chance of getting a ticket for a Premiership match.

After you've been a Red Member for a while you will gradually move up the list and be offered Silver membership.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
^^

I'm probably going to sign up to Red membership next year, but the problem is that I've still got no-one to go with! /sulk

When you buy tickets as a Red member, can you not buy for two seats so that your wife can sit next to you?

Soldato
Season Tickets are eay to get. We have about 20k to sell and we sell them out quickish. Match day tickets normally sell out

Away tickets are difficult for some games based on loyality system. Most for 7 away games i have been i turned up on the day.

From next year we can pay £30 for platinum priority

Man of Honour
^^

I'm probably going to sign up to Red membership next year, but the problem is that I've still got no-one to go with! /sulk

When you buy tickets as a Red member, can you not buy for two seats so that your wife can sit next to you?

It's 1 ticket per member. If you want to bring someone, you need another membership (except perhaps for less popular fixtures like league cup games etc where you might be allowed up to 4 tickets).

The problem with wanting 2 seats together is just that by the time they go on sale to red members you are fighting lots of other people and naturally it is far easier to find a single seat on it's own in a given block than two together.

Anyway no harm in going on your own, the good thing about football is you are guarenteed to have something to talk about to the person next to you, because they are watching the same game and support the same club. ~9hr round trip for me (including match), but you'd be surprised how many fellow supporters you spot on the train the morning before a match.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Weird yesterday. Tickets for a game went on sale on line at 9:30 After joining a queue, I got in at 9:32. All areas of the stadium were red, meaning that areas have sold out. I was livid. However, I tried again last night and the areas had gone from red to orange meaning there single seats were available so get one. Wonders why they were all red 2 minutes after the on-sale time earlier??

Caporegime
Weird yesterday. Tickets for a game went on sale on line at 9:30 After joining a queue, I got in at 9:32. All areas of the stadium were red, meaning that areas have sold out. I was livid. However, I tried again last night and the areas had gone from red to orange meaning there single seats were available so get one. Wonders why they were all red 2 minutes after the on-sale time earlier??
They probably have an allocation system that reserves seats, then people cancel or what have you and the seats become free again.

Man of Honour
^yep, wouldn't suprise me if it's the same system as Arsenal (hosted by eticketing.co.uk). I managed to somehow fluke a ticket to the Chelsea match because of it after thinking i'd missed out. Although, after the match I wished I had, lol :)

It's a bit of a dodgy system actually, you can go round dumping LOADS of seats in your basket even if you only have a single membership, since you don't have to enter membership details when requesting the additional seats, but instead assign the membership number later on. So what I normally do is go round adding seats from different blocks until I get one of the best rows within a given price bracket, then delete the ones I don't want. Then I can get say row 25 instead of row 29.

Back
Top Bottom