Your favourite bike tyre

Soldato
My Ninja came with nearly new BT-016s, but being a new rider, I honestly couldn’t tell what I was supposed to feel or not, they were ok though and lasted a couple of thousand miles before I changed to a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3s – these were the first tyre that gave me enough confidence to get my knee down; just a shame that the very next day I was hit off and the bike was destroyed lol (bit of a pain in the arris too as the Corsas only had about a thousand miles on them :()

The R1 came with a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsas (no 1, 2 or 3 model), these again lasted several thousand miles and again I was able to scrape my knees with them, but after some serious abuse the right side of the front was almost carved to a point!

At the moment I have another set of Corsa 3s on the R1, will be on my third rear in a few thousand miles (I hope!!!) and already on my second front – I was planning to try the Metzeler M5s next, heard some pretty good things from a few bike mechanics I’ve spoken to, so who knows.

Oh yeah, I still think I’m too new to convey how the tyre feels, so excuse any real explanation to this fact, all I can say is that the OEM Corsa spun up on me on a couple of occasions, and the Corsa 3s never have – I have also changed suspension settings now and ride with lower pressures: 32 front (std pressure 35) and 35 rear (42).

Man of Honour
I like my bridgestones but they don't last, although dual compound, they wear quickly, but they do provide uniform grip and rather predictable - certainly once hot they're brilliant. Interested in some of the experiences here, definitely will try some new tyres in future though.

Back
Top Bottom