Your games of this year?

Associate
Is the Deadspace remake the one on gamepass? I thought that was just the 360 version. Never played the original so will give it a go if so.

I don’t think 23 will go down as the best year in gaming history. I haven’t played anything on gamepass worth noting this year, did get myself a PS5 and a gaming PC this year though although seldom used the latter. I think the only 2023 release game I bought was MW3 of which I have really enjoyed zombies but barely played the other modes. I know they have tried something different with the campaign but it didn’t grab me.
I did however get through some PS classics this year, notably Days gone, both parts of TLOU and just started God of War this week all of which are superb.
The original and remake of Deadspace are available on Gamepass.

Associate
Is the Deadspace remake the one on gamepass? I thought that was just the 360 version. Never played the original so will give it a go if so.

I don’t think 23 will go down as the best year in gaming history. I haven’t played anything on gamepass worth noting this year, did get myself a PS5 and a gaming PC this year though although seldom used the latter. I think the only 2023 release game I bought was MW3 of which I have really enjoyed zombies but barely played the other modes. I know they have tried something different with the campaign but it didn’t grab me.
I did however get through some PS classics this year, notably Days gone, both parts of TLOU and just started God of War this week all of which are superb.
Yes, it is the remake on GP, not the original 360 release.

Associate
Jedi survivor for me,

Easy enough to pick up and play when got a spare 5 minutes, excellent story line and little puzzles and combat to keep things interesting.

Yeah there was/is issues with the lease code and needed a few updates , but for me personally I only had 1 glitch.

I should pick it back up again and complete the side missions

Associate
Rocket League...again lol.

Nothing new is grabbing me, i though Alan Wake 2 would but im snoring through it and Starfield just seems a drag!
I'm with you on the AW2 front, I just found it ponderous and don't understand all the hype. I'm currently playing Jusant and enjoying it a lot.

Associate
I'm with you on the AW2 front, I just found it ponderous and don't understand all the hype. I'm currently playing Jusant and enjoying it a lot.

I've played jusant recently, I enjoyed it but then it got to the really technical bits and I found the controls then became awkward, trying to guide round the cliff on magic flowers and avoid the sunlight just became impossible. After a few hours trying I just gave up. Is a shame as I initially really liked the controls and the way you had to pull the triggers to climb

Associate
I've played jusant recently, I enjoyed it but then it got to the really technical bits and I found the controls then became awkward, trying to guide round the cliff on magic flowers and avoid the sunlight just became impossible. After a few hours trying I just gave up. Is a shame as I initially really liked the controls and the way you had to pull the triggers to climb
I took a break from Jusant to play some coop Remnant 2. I'll have to go climbing further and see how frustrating the later stages are. From your description, it does not sound fun...

Associate
I'm very late to the Elden Ring party, but absolutely loving it, I bought it at launch, but it didn't click with me for whatever reason, but this time round it's magic!

Associate
I played hellblade and was a bit disappointed with it. It looks stunning but was just too linear.

Currently playing Assassins creed origins and really enjoying it. It's my first time playing assassins creed so may try the others when I've finished this.
I will say though that the gameplay is better during the early stages as you really are overpowered towards the later stages which makes things a bit boring...knowing every encounter is going to go my way.

Soldato
Need a little help £25 psn gift card

Dead Space Remake
Or
RE4?

Cheers

Ideally both but if you can only get one for now, then RE4 is the better deal.

Dead Space is a very atmospheric and competent sci-fo horror that I'd maybe want to replay at some point whereas I can't count how many times I've played RE4 so far.

I think five or six playthoughs, including one with a friend. I've done Hardcore first, then NG+, then Hardcore S+ Rank with pistol/knife only, then
Professional and now Assisted without healing and Merchant to have an easier time.

And I still haven't unlocked everything.

It's not only pretty long on a first playthrough but immensely replayable with loads of extra stuff, and then there's Separate Ways to top it off...
The excellent gameplay loop just lends itself to multiple playthroughs and challenge runs.

Needless to say, it was my GOTY and pure value for money in my case:p

Caporegime
Ideally both but if you can only get one for now, then RE4 is the better deal.

Dead Space is a very atmospheric and competent sci-fo horror that I'd maybe want to replay at some point whereas I can't count how many times I've played RE4 so far.

I think five or six playthoughs, including one with a friend. I've done Hardcore first, then NG+, then Hardcore S+ Rank with pistol/knife only, then
Professional and now Assisted without healing and Merchant to have an easier time.

And I still haven't unlocked everything.

It's not only pretty long on a first playthrough but immensely replayable with loads of extra stuff, and then there's Separate Ways to top it off...
The excellent gameplay loop just lends itself to multiple playthroughs and challenge runs.

Needless to say, it was my GOTY and pure value for money in my case:p
Cheers

I’d like Dead Space to come down in price a bit…is this the first time it’s been on sale?

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely Zelda TOTK. I loved Breath of the Wild and TOTK managed to raise what was already a high bar. Loved the storytelling and exploring the depths and sky-islands.

Soldato
Cheers

I’d like Dead Space to come down in price a bit…is this the first time it’s been on sale?

I think it's the cheapest it's been so far and I'd say definitely worth it. It's just that REmake 4 is "more" worth it, so to say, and an absolute steal considering the quality of the game and how much content/replayability it offers.

Alternatively, Dead Space is available on Gamepass if you have an xbox or a decent PC.

If you do have a decent PC, then grab those there and hook it up to your TV, RE4 looks noticeably better on PC, have it on Steam as well.

Back
Top Bottom